PDA

View Full Version : finally feel im getting somewhere.

purrdy
27-10-14, 07:06
The last few days I have managed to go out to the shops, not easy at first still not easy I find its easier when I start to exercise that adrenaline. I also find it helps to loop an area you are not so comfortable in.

MyNameIsTerry
27-10-14, 07:14
Well done!

I don't have agoraphobia, but my GAD reaches it's heights I have retreated into the home and found it hard to go out again. Its all graduated exposure so you habituate to it. It does get easy, but you can have blips too so if that happens just keep going or go back a step and work forwards again.

Exercise really does help burn off adrenaline so walking is useful on that front too.

I agree on pushing the boundaries, be wary of slipping into routines that become depressing as you feel like you are not progressing. Changing routes can help with this.

lisa1975
27-10-14, 07:19
Well done I use to have agoraphobia so no how hard it is keep going an keep pushing I made myself go out everyday their more you push the easier it becomes x

purrdy
27-10-14, 11:46
Thanks guys, yes its hard today I felt I took a big step because it was very windy today and that normally heightens my anxiety normally. I agree you can get into bad habits if you are not careful.