PDA

View Full Version : retired air force this year

fishdogg
27-10-14, 07:53
I do not know if I'm on the right site or not, but here it goes. I've been suffering for about 20 yes from a sleep disorder. I've read other peoples and its slightly similar, but mine seems much worse. I've seen ear nose throat docs, reg docs, etc. None of them even heard of this, nor do any research the problem to help. I wake up in the night all the time usually 1 to 3 times. Its is always the same, heart pounding, sometimes lot of sweat, feels like I'm going to die. Also always the worst part is the choking, I can breathe, but I'm to afraid to swallow anything because I think there is something in my throat which causes immediate panic. My mind can not convince myself everything is OK. My mind has made me think there's cotton balls in my throat, pool balls, razor blades, spiders, paper clips, gum, dice, etc. I can name a ton of stuff, my mind says is in my throat. I often jump out of bed panicked, asking my wife for help, she never helps me anymore because it happens all the time. Eventually my throat comes unclogged, or so it seems after about a minute. Heck I really don't know what is happening, then I look at myself in the mirror and think, man this sucks and I try to go back to bed. I already have had a minor heart attack, runs in the family early coronary heart disease. I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea also, but I can not wear the mask on my face at all. I always end taking and ripping it of my face in a panic trying to unchoke myself thinking I'm going to die. I can not wear it tried it to many times always the same result. Yes I tried the humidifier to with it, doesn't help. Anyone have this and has figured it out?

---------- Post added at 02:53 ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 ----------

Oh I also tried the pillows to with the clap machine, no go also that made it even worse I woke up and thought I swallowed them with the choking fit.

Moley
27-10-14, 18:01
sorry I don't have any advice but wanted to say hello and :welcome:.

hope you find some help and support here.