PDA

View Full Version : Headaches - Eye strain?

RyanM1994
27-10-14, 09:13
Hi Guys,

Over the past few weeks, maybe longer i've had constant headaches over my right eye (occasionally spreading accross to the left).

My eyes also feel irritated or dry

The headaches are dull achy pains that can change position (sometimes hurting over my brow and front of my forehead, then often hurting the back of my head/down to my neck).

It doesn't feel like pressure or feel like a band round my head

I work in IT, and play computer games a lot too, although I do blink and move often.

What do you guys recommend? I've been to the doctors with it about 3-4 months ago, and he checked the pressure behind my eyes

Surely this can't be anything serious? Although the headaches have changed

Come to think of it, it seems to be ever since I got my new glasses, or a week or so after...

Can anybody help me make sense of my thoughts?

Thank you

eeesh
27-10-14, 09:31
Hi Guys,

Over the past few weeks, maybe longer i've had constant headaches over my right eye (occasionally spreading accross to the left).

My eyes also feel irritated or dry

The headaches are dull achy pains that can change position (sometimes hurting over my brow and front of my forehead, then often hurting the back of my head/down to my neck).

It doesn't feel like pressure or feel like a band round my head

I work in IT, and play computer games a lot too, although I do blink and move often.

What do you guys recommend? I've been to the doctors with it about 3-4 months ago, and he checked the pressure behind my eyes

Surely this can't be anything serious? Although the headaches have changed

Come to think of it, it seems to be ever since I got my new glasses, or a week or so after...

Can anybody help me make sense of my thoughts?

Thank you

I think you know what's going on :doh:

Have a holiday and stay away from a screen for a bit!

Mindknot
27-10-14, 10:27
Try some eye drops from the pharmacy - just those tired eye ones to see if it makes your eyes less dry and irritated! It could be your new glasses, it can take some time to get used to a new prescription - mine have been a bit of a nuisance as well. But by and large, it sounds as though you are spending just too much time in front of screens, take a couple of days away from the screens, get a couple of good nights sleep you'll probably find all your symptoms will be less noticeable.

Dolphin8808
27-10-14, 14:04
I have the same thing, but I have glasses and don't wear them. They make my tummy upset because I am not used to them but I pay for it by feeling pressure and my eyes just feel tired.

Kimberly91
27-10-14, 17:10
I have been suffering from the exact same problems for about 4-6 weeks now. My boyfriend is an Optometry student (studying to be an optician) and he done some tests and told me it was Dry Eye. Obviously I didn't believe him because the pain was so sharp and severe sometimes, and I thought it was something much more serious, so I booked an appointment with my registered Optician - after an extensive eye test, they said I had exactly what my boyfriend had told me, Dry Eye. You can get eye drops from the Pharmacy called Hypromellose which lubricate the eye and eye socket and they've really helped me a lot!

Sunflower2
27-10-14, 17:56
I get this a lot. I work with computers all day and also spend a lot of time looking at screens after work. I'll get a really sore head that is only relieved by putting a cold cloth over my eyes and keeping them closed and dark. I also now have to wear glasses as this has contributed to my eye sight getting worse and took a while to get used to the lenses. That also gave me a sore head!

bchrismar
27-10-14, 20:06
I'm seeing a neurologist in a couple of weeks for my migraines but have hit my head recently and will probably focus on that more. I'll try to report back what info I can here.

I will say, eye-strain seems to be a very common anxiety off-shoot. I hear it all the time on anxiety-related blogs, etc.