PDA

View Full Version : I vant to be alone!

Caramel
02-01-07, 08:55
Hey everyone,

When I'm in the full throes of an anxiety/panic attack, I can't bear to have anyone or anything around me - it just makes it worse. Does anyone else get this?

A counsellor once told me it's because my body has so much going on in the inside, that it can't take in anymore from the outside - true?

Obviously, this makes anything like driving really difficult which is leading to agoraphobia - my world is getting smaller and smaller.

xx

shoegal
02-01-07, 10:52
Hi. I totally understand - you are not alone. When I have a panic attack I feel like I have to get away from whatever situation I am in. I cannot bear anyone to touch me (they can be in the same room but I prefer to be alone). Having said that, when I am with other people I can be distracted which helps the panic attack to go, so its a bit of a catch22.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love shoegal xxx

Piglet
02-01-07, 13:18
That made me laugh - it's something I do say in this house from time to time too, exactly like that 'I vant to be alone'!!!

I too prefer on the whole to do my panicking in solitude!!

Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

clickaway
02-01-07, 13:45
Oh yes, I must be alone too!

How many others present would understand what is going on? Although I would like to perhaps phone somebody up when I'm feeling bad, that's just too much to handle. Maybe I just can't inflict my pain on them?

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Caramel
05-01-07, 18:10
Hi El_Flel!

You are the first person to ever say that!! I've never known anyone else like me!! LOL
:D

I actually live with my boyfriend, and the poor thing often ends up on the sofa! It's got to point now where he just says 'Do you want me to buggar off?'!! Bless him.[^]

It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one - was beginning to think I was some sort of freak or something!

Rennie1989
05-01-07, 21:07
I hate it when people are around me when I'm having an attack. I hate those loved ones seeing me suffer like that and I feel ever so guilty

So yes, I do understand ^_^

And the theory your counsillor said, well it's reasonable, I can understand how he/she came up with it.

My teddy, last night, was a paper bag to keep my safe.

hopeandstrength
06-01-07, 00:39
oooo im definatley the same on this one- I HATE people being around me, once I had a very bad attack in the middle of the main st in Valletta and people were crowding round me which made it 100 times worse! I also get very snappy when i start panicking, my poor hubby often gets the brunt of that bless him lol :)

Angel xx

"Never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted"

kelbob
07-01-07, 17:21
i get that too, i always want to be alone when im having a panic attack, i sometimes get so angry with people, i have to walk away from the situation.
kelly x

[x]...i love it when it rains...coz no-one can see you crying...[x]

JulieAs45
09-01-07, 10:56
Oh no, I am a freak!! I DON'T vant to be alone!

I prefer to be with someone who knows whats going on in my head like my hubby or my really good friends who can usually talk me out of a panic attack when I feel one coming on, which is weird cos the cause of my anxiety is about the fear of fainting, or losing control in public and I have spent years hiding in the bushes in the school playground for fear that someone would see me having a panic attack and losing control. Now I find the more people I tell, the better I feel. I sort of say "don't mind me, I suffer from panic attacks and if I have one I am just going to lay down on the floor and have it, so just walk around me!" Never actually done it but takes the fear away if you know what I mean.

JulieXX

Forgotten_sunrise
18-01-07, 08:34
Oh,YES![8)]

I mostly can't stand anything making noise at the moment of my panic attacks.No television,no radion,no animals....Though I MUST have someone around the house (you know,just in case if I faint:D) ,or even better they are welcomed to sit beside me but keeping silent.