PDA

View Full Version : definately getting bashed by anxiety

screepy1
27-10-14, 14:09
Hello all,

Im kim and have always had a form of anxiety. 3 years ago i was finally diagnosed with having social anxiety with acute generalised anxiety...I have since started a job but i am now struggling, i am constantly overthinking scenarios of the day and what i have said to others and i am starting to panic on a daily basis. If my manager calls me im constantly thinking ive done something wrong which is making everything 10 times worse. At home i find i am snapping all the time about random stupid things. My marriage is failing and thats making my anxiety a hell of a lot worse. My husband knows about my anxiety and to put it bluntly doesnt give a toss, hes said a million and ten times its all in my head. This again does not make anything easier.

Oosh
27-10-14, 17:20
Yeh I'm the same. Sorry your husband is unsympathetic.

Try and work on building your confidence and belief in your ability and work on caring less.

Give yourself a laugh.

When you are hyper aware and care WAY too much it's crippling.
But when you make it all look silly and funny you take the importance and fear out of it.

Picture your boss in stupid ways and coming to various misfortune and looking daft. Make yourself laugh.

Look for the weaknesses, flaws, insecurities in your colleagues and look for your qualities, abilities and what's good about you.

When you feel better about who you are and see your boss and colleagues in a more funny, human, down to earth way it tends to allow you to forget about it all so your mind can wander and think about different things. It stops being an issue.

If you say something daft, that's ok, we all do. See it as someone saying something daft/funny, it's funny, it just happens to be you. But just laugh the same as if it was anyone.

Just practice. It takes time to see things differently.

screepy1
27-10-14, 18:57
Thank you! Will be sure to try those ways!

MissLady83
28-10-14, 12:14
Fabulous reply oosh :) How unthoughtful of your husband saying it's in your head. This is why I try and hide my anxiety and depression because some people have no idea or understanding. There's no wonder your snapping at him. I'd be the same!

I'm the same most days, over thinking silly things and making an issue out of nothing... The joys of an over active mind! Spend some quality time with friends and family. That always seems to help me. A good giggle and fab company is like therapy