PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to give yourself Epilepsy?

JustBenn
27-10-14, 14:36
Hi there,

Do you think I can get Epilepsy this way?

I was at a Birthday party last night, and there were plenty of flash photography, and usually I'm anxious when it comes to flashes because of my ongoing fear of seizures,

So I decided, its time to fight that fear of flashes, and I participated in some photo's, however, after few minutes, my eyes were kind of minor foggy, it went away after I rubbed my eyes, also later, the room/my eyes felt like it was dimming then going back to normal, this only happen once or twice, I ignored it at the time,

But I was anxious for the rest of the night. Wish I didn't take part in the photo's now.

Is this is anything to be concerned about??

I'm trying very hard not to Google it.

Fishmanpa
27-10-14, 15:45
Not possible.

Positive thoughts

MrAndy
27-10-14, 15:48
please think logically about what you are saying

JustBenn
27-10-14, 15:55
please think logically about what you are saying

Hi, I understand what your saying, I only ask this because of the cloudy vision and slight dimming of lights in eyes I experienced not long after. No idea why that has happen.

CleverLittleViper
27-10-14, 16:57
The simple answer is no.

JustBenn
27-10-14, 17:43
Can anyone help me understand why my vision was changed?
Still thinking about it.

Sam100322
27-10-14, 17:46
Anxiety can make your vision change

Sunflower2
27-10-14, 17:54
Like when you go from dark places to light places, or vice versa, your eyes just take a bit of time to adjust.

MrAndy
27-10-14, 17:56
you've already said in your original post,flashes going off in your face a bit like snow blindness

JustBenn
27-10-14, 22:10
Anxiety can make your vision change

Like when you go from dark places to light places, or vice versa, your eyes just take a bit of time to adjust.

The pupil size needs time to adjust to differing levels of light.

Does these things happen to you three?

Sunflower2
27-10-14, 22:19
Yeah, all the time. My eyes take ages to adjust too so I'll have fuzzy black bits in front of them for a while after looking at something bright. I don't even like 3D cinemas since they make my eyes funny feeling!

MRS STRESS ED
27-10-14, 22:33
no no no it's anxiety the more you think this way the worse your anxiety will go xx

KK77
28-10-14, 02:35
The only way to 'give yourself epilepsy' if there isn't already an underlying problem is through a drug overdose.

I wouldn't recommend it.