PDA

View Full Version : brain zaps and when falling asleep?

sunflower_xo
27-10-14, 16:53
So I have been reading a lot on brain zaps...but most pepple describe them as a sudden noise? Mine is more like a feeling of electrical current and then kind of a vibration. No noises? It happens when falling asleep too!! Anyone else?

Carnation
27-10-14, 18:43
Yes, had them for six months solid! They can't harm you, I don't know why they happen and when I asked my GP about them, he had no answer to give me. They are just as you describe them and make you feel quite scared because it feels like you are being electrocuted. They eventually go away thank God! I found when I was tired or very hot or cold they were worse.

Amylee1982
27-10-14, 21:04
I had a period of having this and its when my anxiety was at its worse. I call them brain zaps...sometimes they would happen in different parts and i think its down to our nervous system. I kinda accepted them as i knew it wouldnt hurt me and then they went x

sarahxxx
10-02-15, 19:14
mine are the same as yours sunflower happen just as i am falling asleep hate them

Ange1
10-02-15, 23:14
Same here,very annoying when you are just about to nod off! More likely to happen when anxiety is high x

Anfield 15
18-02-15, 22:17
I get these at night as I'm lying in bed and tiring , not to be confused by that feeling of falling as you nod off these are different like a low volt hitting your brain and I've had the loud noise happen as well . Freaked me out at first but 4 years on still get them .
Funny I never had a problem that I was aware of when I smoked , and all this anxiety ties in roughly from when I stopped , however when I look back ive had a lot to deal with in the past , lost my dad early took his life , we lost 2 kids in pregnancy , a failed move to Australia . So maybe that's where my anxiety stemmed from this was in a space of ten years . Why I can't reason with myself that some of the worst things that are ever going to happen in my life already have happened I don't know .....