PDA

View Full Version : C.O.P.D and Anxiety...

Petesy
27-10-14, 18:13
Hi Everyone

I've been suffering from shortness of breath for the past few days, 6 weeks ago I was told by my g.p that i'm showing the early signs of c.o.p.d (i'm 31yrs old) I stopped smoking straight away, i was off the ciggies for 1 month feeling great and missed an appointment at the chemist for my patches and was told I'd have to wait a couple weeks until I could restart the program which I have done today my carbon monoxide reading was 4 that of a non smoker to the pharmacist's surprise which I was pleased with because I've only been having the odd cigarette, but today i've started the patches back up.

I'm stuck in this constant worry about the shortness of breath because how am i to determine whether or not it's the anxiety or i've reached a stage this is what's worrying me :unsure: (still awaiting spirometry test) and hoping for an FV1 reading.

Recently I've noticed my posture is poor sitting like a half shut knife at the edge of the sofa I try my best to stay up right but this is the way I sit when my nerves are getting the better of me...

As you can see from this thread my head is all over the place atm is it this...is it that... hope it ain't...etc

Please help put my mind at ease you lovely ppl :bighug1:

Petesy.

Annie0904
27-10-14, 18:34
I guess the only way your mind can be put at rest is when you have the tests done at the hospital. Well done on stopping smoking as this will make a huge difference to your health. Anxiety does cause shortness of breath but only the tests can confirm it. :hugs::hugs:

Petesy
27-10-14, 21:45
Thanks Annie for your reply

I've been waiting ages for this spirometry test almost 2 months, but I suppose they're bursting out the seams with appointments.. With all the bronchial diseases and so on.

I'm actually at the hospital tomorrow for an ultrasound scan for my stomach my g.p is wanting find out if I have gallstones.. One thing after another then on Wednesday back to the dentist but thankfully it's just for an impression.... One thing after another eh.

Thanks again Annie

Petesy. X

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Even though I have shortness of breath I keep walking everywhere lol, but I don't want to get myself into a mind frame were i limit myself then I'll already be defeated so that's why I skip the bus and take the shoelace express instead.

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Vs P.T.S.D, G.A.D, S.A... Seems like everything that my disorders have thrown at me have led to real life threats...

Everybody deals with these disorders in different ways but if I had the knowledge now that I didn't have all those years ago it wouldn't be like this... Naivety at my part probably.

The past is the past, the is present is the present, and the future is what we make of it.

But I definitely believe that one thing leads to another and their are silver linings, stay strong everyone :winks:

Annie0904
27-10-14, 21:57
Lots of positivity in your post there and yes there is always a silver lining.
Gallstones...I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago so nothing to worry about there :)

Petesy
27-10-14, 22:22
Thank you very much Annie :winks:

We have too stay positive in this mind of bedlam and when we forget the nice ppl like yourself and all the others on nmp are always too remind us.

Well I hope I get good news from this ultrasound scan and heh you never know I could be the first male to be with child :roflmao: lol

Petesy x

Annie0904
27-10-14, 22:24
You just never know Petesy :roflmao:

Cags48
28-10-14, 12:53
My doctors does there own spirometry testing which I think it's excellent , have they not given you any medication ?

Petesy
28-10-14, 17:14
Hi cags

No they've not given me any meds they're awaiting the results of the spirometry test which I've been waiting months for, only thing I'm doing right now which the g.p has told me the best thing to do was to stop smoking which I'm doing..

Wish my doctors was like yours I have to wait a week for an appointment..

Thanks Cags

Petesy. :)