PDA

View Full Version : Headache for three days solid...worried

Shivmarie
27-10-14, 19:20
Had such a headache since Saturday, started as the odd stabbing pain, on and off throughout the day lasting a few seconds, then a dull ache, then the stabbing pain comes back. I've took paracetamol and ibuprofen intermittently and not touched it, I went to bed with it and woke up with it (it didn't wake me up) I was sent home from work today, as I was physically sick just the once, I've had no nausea or sickness over the weekend. Today I had bad ear pain in both ears.
I managed to get a doc appointment, he took my obs, temp and blood,pressure absolutely fine. Didn't do my eyes (they've been sore) he looked in my ears and said they're inflamed. I've had pain in the ball of my neck/shoulder blades but I can move my neck all ways. My forehead is sore. I'm worried, I'm on antibiotics and naproxen for the pain but it's still not changed the pain. Really worried about it being sinister.

.Poppy.
27-10-14, 19:35
Did he look at your sinuses? Being that your ears and eyes are affected too, it sounds to me like it could be sinus related, or allergy related. Otherwise I would have guessed migraine.

Shivmarie
27-10-14, 19:38
No he didn't look at my sinuses, I do have a sore nose like breathing in and out, what is the normal pain for sinus headaches. I'm just really worried :-( why is pain relief not helping me.

.Poppy.
27-10-14, 20:30
Sinus headaches hurt - I can tell you that much. Often they hurt behind the eyes/on either side of your nose where the cheekbones are, but you have a few different sinus cavities in your head that can cause pain. If you look up "sinus locations" on google images, it will show you where they are.

It may take some time for the antibiotics and the pain relief to work - so try giving it a few days. Drink plenty of water and get as much rest as you can. If it's not better by the end of the week, see if you can go in again. I'm not a doctor but this doesn't sound sinister - however, if you're in pain you should be seen just so you can feel better :)

Shivmarie
27-10-14, 20:34
Thanks for replying, I'm back at the docs for an appointment on Wednesday that I'd already booked so I'm keeping that hopefully it wares off abit. I feel queasy aswell tonight, so hot aswell took my temp it's between 35.6 and 37.5 is that normal?
I will research sinus headaches.
I had my eyes tested about 3 months ago and that was all ok.
I'm just fed up x

.Poppy.
27-10-14, 21:38
It could very well be that you're coming down with a cold, or a sinus infection, or allergies - all harmless things, but hopefully your doc can give you the right meds so you feel better.

It's not so much a problem with your eyes when it's sinus related, but the sinus causes pain in the area behind them. Again, not dangerous but painful. I get migraines and have had some awful ones and I'd still take a migraine over sinus pain any day.

Shivmarie
28-10-14, 08:37
I'm going to ask the doc to check my sinuses tomorrow as I don't think they've ever be checked, my dad has alot of problem with his sinuses.
Woke up with it still bad today :(

Dolphin8808
30-10-14, 13:10
I sometimes have a head ache last for a week. Usually in 1 temple or the other. Horrible. You can though also need to have your eyes checked to see if you need prescription glasses. If you are stressing, it can cause tension headaches,