PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about SLOW RELEASE

Helencollins
27-10-14, 20:33
I started this around 3 months ago, I don't know if it has helped much if I am
Being honest other than to lower my BP when I'm
Not anxious (which was needed) and stopping palpitations after eating which I was starting to get everyday. My heart rate rarely
Goes above 80 now 👍

Thing is it feels like it's not even doing that anymore, for the past 2 weeks I have had shaky anxious feelings after eating (and other times - I have had full blown panic attacks with adrenalin rushes etc while
On this drug)

Also wondering when is best to take it? I have been taking it when I wake up around 7.30 but that's normally when I feel worse so should i take it before bed? Or is it 24 hours per tablet so it doesn't matter?

Is it possible for it to have stopped working already after only three months? Or maybe my mental anxiety is getting worse so that's why it feels like it's not working?

Sigh.

Svojski85
28-10-14, 15:09
Hi there. If I may recommend anything, then take 1-2x Beta Prograne 160mg propranolol before bed... The medicine takes 5 hours to kick in, so at about 4am it should start working for you... Then it should last about for 10-12 hours, i.e. until 4-6pm.

If you are taking medicine called Bedranol SR, then this propranolol lasts only 8-9hrs and also takes 5 hours to kick in, so this brand is absolutely useless.

Ideal was INDERAL LA, which lasted for 16-18 hours and kicked in about 2 hours only. However, AstraZeneca discontinued this apparently not "economic" product by the start of 2014 :).

You last option would be propranolol tablets, which deliver a stronger effect, but need to be taken 3-4x a day as they last between 3-5hrs only (just 60 min for them to kick in). Final option would be to switch to different calming medications, which are perhaps a bit stronger.