PDA

View Full Version : Is it in my head ???

water
28-10-14, 02:08
So a few days ago I had a headache on the left side of my head and it went down to my neck I slept on that side of my body in an uncomfortable position that Sunday I didn't have a lot to do so I looked up of few things on my head ache and neck aches well I've had a small lump there for a whole it's small but scares me so much it doesn't hurt when I touch it directly but sometimes it gets a random pain all by its self well that triggered my panic a few weeks ago I was scared if heart problems so started having small aches in my heart and pains in my arm then my worry stared back up when I started googling it it mentioned problems with the lungs so now I've been panicking I've always had small lung aches but they're strange it's either a tickling or ache but ever since I've been worrying they have been frequent before it was only like 1 min every 3 weeks everyone tells me it's anxiety but I don't get it when I and panicking I get it randomly or when I'm thinking about it

I few days ago I weighed myself I weigh 140 pounds but when I weighed myself in the early morning (the only thing I ate was a small breakfast burrito ) and I was 137 yet again I have been going to the bathroom a lot from worry and eating little yet again because of panic so my sister watch the fault in out stars and I left right after a certain part from my panic I don't want to tell my mom because I understand she want me to be calmed but it just scares me more she always says like " it's just a cramp " finally I basically touch my neck the whole day so I searched my neck all around and I found a really small bump that I don't even know if its there still because it was hard to find near my other bump

I'm a 12 year old girl please give me some advice

CameronG
28-10-14, 06:02
You're 12 years old and having fears like this? God bless you. Have you spoken to your family members?

water
28-10-14, 10:21
I tried to but like I said my mom tries to calm me down I know so many people that have died from cancer also

it's basically my biggest fear ever
I was scared about this since I was 5 I'm scared of the doctor because I can just imagine him telling me and that would scare me so much

CleverLittleViper
28-10-14, 10:52
The lump at the back of your neck could well be a piece of knotted muscle. I have one, too, and it's worse when I'm very tense. I would go and see your GP just to confirm.

As for your headaches, it's very likely that these are caused by your neck ache, and you mentioned you didn't sleep in a good position, well, that may well have triggered it. Have a hot shower, or if you can, I strongly recommend going for a swim.

I have constant tension headaches, and swimming/showers really help clear them up.

I know it's hard to do, but you need to relax. Do you have anyone other than your mom to talk to about this? I began my battle with health anxiety around your age, and I wish I'd nipped it in the bud then. Have a word with your mom, and see if you can get in to see a doctor who can help with this panic and anxiety. They will also be able to put your mind at rest about your concerns.

All the best.

jonjones
28-10-14, 11:01
Hey
I have a lump at the back of my head too, right in the centre at the back I had it check out and it was just done, it is known as the atlas bone. See here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_%28anatomy%29

By the way I sympathize deeply with you suffering at such a young age. I was 11 when I started getting full blown panic and anxiety. I have came a long way however and feel pretty confident these days. With not much anxiety at all. It isnt a big factor in my life anymore. I can even chat up women and everything. Something that I thought id neevr be able to do. lol

Anyway about the headaches, I am pretty sure this is just caused by tension. When you stress out your body gets ready for the fight or flight response, and adrenaline is released into the blood stream. It travels to different muscles in your body such as your scalp muscles, causing them to tense and feel hard. So you get a headache, as the muscles literally ache from the tension.

Also pain in the chest or heart area is due to tension too from adrenaline being released there.

It is of course a good idea to get it checked out. But if you have anxiety it is 99% going to be just adrenaline.

Best,

Jon