PDA

View Full Version : Sore inner mouth, scared

puzzledlass
28-10-14, 02:56
My left inner cheek has quite a pronounced linea alba line (that white line that runs between the bottom and top teeth). My right side I can hardly tell is there.

My left side of inner cheek has been sore and of course I am afraid it's the c word... that I have oral cancer.

sigh.

puzzledlass
28-10-14, 20:22
Still so worried. I don't know what to do

Hypo
28-10-14, 21:27
I have that line, one side worse than the other. Just how my teeth lay the dentist said.

I also bet that because the line is more pronounced you often bite during your sleep, which is causing the soreness. Or you have been fiddling with your mouth with your fingers or tongue, or any other number of non dangerous causes. It makes sense that if the left line is more pronounced it's because your bite is heavier that side which may mean you bite during your sleep. I have tons of bite marks in my mouth that are sore.

Pop along to the dentist if you are worried, they may fit you with a mouth guard for sleeping. I don't wear mine as it makes me gag.

I am no expert, but this sounds nothing like oral cancer to me. There is nothing wrong with popping to the dentist, but not because I think you have OC, but he/she will be the best person to advise on if you are cheek biting during the night.

Also, how old are you, do you smoke and drink?

puzzledlass
29-10-14, 02:46
I'm 30. Don't smoke. Drink rarely, maybe a drink or two a month.

It's like a thing in the middle of the linea alba and it's a bit darker. Would attach image but can't figure out how.