PDA

View Full Version : Pins and Needles in Feet / Back of Legs

djm
26-08-04, 15:18
Hi All

Suffered from Panic Attacks many, many years ago, but think I recently had one again, don't know why !

However, ever since, I have had an almost constant "Pins and Needles" sensation in my feet / back of legs and sometimes my hands. Sometimes one foot, sometimes the other, sometimes both, but always there. Also sometimes feel in in my groin area.

Anyone else experienced this and have any comments / suggestions ?

Does this sound like a panic type symptom ? Even though the attack itself was about 4 days ago ?

I should mention that I have been taking Lustral for about 6 weeks (so don't think it's a side effect of that after this time length).

All comments welcome !

Magster
26-08-04, 15:28
Hello!

I usually get the pins and needles sensation in my fingers tips and on my lips. I'm always afraid that I'm gonna pass out. And when all this is happening my legs turn to jelly. I can't say that it's not a side effect of the med only becuase I'm unfamiliar w/ it. I can say though that what you're feeling is a symptom of panic/anxiety.

Magster.

seh1980
26-08-04, 15:29
hello there,

I do sometimes get pins and needles in my legs and feet. It normally lasts for a few days and then goes away by itself. I wouldn't worry about it as I'm sure it's just a symptom of anxiety. Take care.

Sarah:D

Meg
26-08-04, 15:31
Hi ,

It doesn't sound fully like a panic thing , panic pins and needles are usually confined in the main to the extremities although it can last several days at a time.

Paraesthesia - pins and needles and tingling - is a known side effect of Lustral so it could be that.
Its worth mentioning it to your doctor anyway. Its irritation of the nerve endings.

Has the Lustral helped you ?

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

djm
26-08-04, 15:56
Thanks for replies so far, interesting to hear other peoples experiences.

Meg, yes I do find Lustral good. Would be surprised if this were a side effect of Lustral after 6 weeks though. I have taken Lustral on previous occasions and never had this.

This is why I am curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this as a symptom of panic and/or Lustral ?

Thanks
Dave

stimpy
27-08-04, 15:49
Look! Another member of the "Lustral Club" :D

I can honestly say I have never had the pins and needles thing.
But I've had just about every other side effect on the list.

At the moment I am on symptom no's 7, 8, 9, 13, 16, and 19 in the Patient Information Leaflet.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

april tones
05-09-04, 21:09
hi there, i havent posted for ages, i suffered similar symptoms and after nearly a year im seeing neuro next week! i have tingling in groin, private,backs of legs, inner legs, cramp in hands, shooting pains etc. They got worse on my meds but were there before after birth of my little boy! love to chat and swap stories as it mind boggling these symptom, love april x

apriltones

magnac
13-09-04, 08:57
Hi, I have had panic attacks afew times then a couple of weeks back I was travelling in the car with my mum when all of a sudden I got pins and needles in my hands it spread to my legs stomach and face until eventually I was stiff and couldnt move and my face was contorted I thought I was going to pass out, my poor mum thought I was having a stroke ( im only 23) and called an ambulance they told me what I had just suffered was a sever panic attack, since this I occasionally experience pins and needles in my hands and feet/legs

My doctor tells me it is anxiety!!

Hope this helps although it sounds as though it could be linked to your medication too.

Take Care.x[8D]

sadie
13-09-04, 23:39
Hi all,

I just wanted to ask whether you thought the tingling sensations I have been getting over the last week in my big toes on both my feet is due to anxiety or some other problem? Maybe a circulation problem or something, or maybe due to breathing incorrectly or something. I have experienced buzzing in my feet before but this seems to be here constantly.

Not really sure whether I should be bothering the doctor with this symptom or not?

Any ideas?

sadie

seh1980
13-09-04, 23:47
hi Sadie,

I have had that same tingling in my toes before. Mine lasted a few days and it went away by itself. I don' think it would be linked to breathing or anything else. it must just be caused by anxiety. I wouldn't worry too much about it!!

Sarah :D

creatrix
02-11-06, 13:19
I always get what I call "chills" in my legs when I get anxious. It's good to know this is normal!!

Lyndsey
02-11-06, 15:51
I get the "chills" in my legs when I get anxious too. Sometimes I get tit throughout my whole body.

I am so glad to have someone to talk to who goes through the same thigns I do.

djm
26-02-07, 15:18
Hi all

Just to update, 2 and a half years on from starting this post originally !

During the past 2 and a half years I have had the symptoms on and off. I am presently going through a bad patch again. But, it helps tremendously to look back at this post and realise how long this has been going on. This site has almost become a journal of my ailments over the years and for that I am thankful to NMP.

The long and the short of it is, I am still here. This must go to prove that the pins and needles are genuinely a symptom of panic/anxiety and nothing more sinister.

Regards
Dave

jacob posthumadeboer
08-09-07, 16:53
hi there, i havent posted for ages, i suffered similar symptoms and after nearly a year im seeing neuro next week! i have tingling in groin, private,backs of legs, inner legs, cramp in hands, shooting pains etc. They got worse on my meds but were there before after birth of my little boy! love to chat and swap stories as it mind boggling these symptom, love april x

apriltones
Hello my name is jacob
I have been on lustral for 6 weeks ,have the same symptoms as you describe.
Very horrible, trying to come off the lustral.
Would appreciate to hear what the med have said to you, perhaps they are just sideeffect, but I have to admit i am a little worried.
regards jacob

jacob posthumadeboer
08-09-07, 16:57
hello my name is jacob

I have been on lustral for 6 weeks and have the same symptoms as you describe.
As you are going to the med it would be interesting to hear what he has to say.
They could be sideeffects but i have to admit I am a little worried.

kind regards jacob