PDA

View Full Version : "Falling" kind of Dizziness ?

Libra
28-10-14, 10:46
I know that i have a shoulder impingement and Bursitis.Had physio a year ago and have had no problems really since then , I just have to be careful not to overuse the right shoulder. I used to have fair bit of dizziness before with it like fleeting feeling or feet bouncing off ground feeling.
Couple nights ago I half turned in bed to reach the clock and as I stretched out my left arm to reach I had a sudden awful feeling of falling through the bed, is how best I can explain it. I levelled myself and it was ok.
Next day just a slight whoozy feel now and then.
As I got up today I leaned on my right elbow and the same horrible falling feeling. Once levelled myself was ok.
Seems to be when I put pressure on that shoulder.
Does anyone with shoulder problems/tension understand the kind of feeling im describing ?

jonjones
28-10-14, 11:03
Hey,
Are you hyperventilating? This can cause a dizzy feeling, as blood rushes to other parts of your body such as your heart, muscles, digestive system, and there is less oxygen than normal for your brain so you start to feel dizzy.
It is just the fight or flight response. I wouldnt worry about it!
Jon

Cags48
28-10-14, 13:01
I think you know if your hyperventilating Jon , are you ok Hun . When I had tendonitus in my shoulder it did use to make me feel dizzy x

Libra
28-10-14, 13:30
No Jon. ive never had the problem of hyperventilating. This is definitely coming from neck/shoulder tension and /or nerve entrapment.Was just wondering if anyone else had same sensation.

Libra
29-10-14, 14:07
I think you know if your hyperventilating Jon , are you ok Hun . When I had tendonitus in my shoulder it did use to make me feel dizzy x

Is tendonitis like an inflammation Caggs ??

jintty
29-10-14, 19:31
Hey libra I've been to physio today for my neck and shoulder and since then the dizzy feeling is awful may not be the same as yours but there seems to be similarities hope u feel better soon ��

Libra
29-10-14, 20:35
Hi jinty do you have the falling type feeling?

jintty
29-10-14, 21:57
Yes got that too driving me mad

chickpea
29-10-14, 22:59
No Jon. ive never had the problem of hyperventilating. This is definitely coming from neck/shoulder tension and /or nerve entrapment.Was just wondering if anyone else had same sensation.

Yes, me!
I'm having problems with my shoulder and neck, which is making my arm tingle, pins and needles and a weird dizzy sensation - not like the room is spinning, but as though I'm not quite present, if that makes sense.

I asked a physio friend about it and she said it sounds like a nerve entrapment issue in my neck - the dead arm feeling and dizziness is quite common, apparently.

Libra
30-10-14, 10:36
Thank you all for replies.. Chickpea you mention that falling feeling..I got it when lying down on right side ( where I have the shoulder prob) and then turning over feels like im falling through the bed, its awful sensation. Am ok on my left and back.. so has to be to do with the right shoulder /neck I think..

hanshan
30-10-14, 12:27
It can be postural hypotension, where there is sudden low blood pressure in the head due to movement.

Some people get this naturally, feeling like they are going to faint when they stand up. In others, it may be due to medication. Either way, it is not particularly dangerous if managed properly.

Libra
30-10-14, 14:15
Its not quite same feel as that. Its just centered on right side where the shoulder/neck prob is. I can sit up, turn to left ,lie on left with no problem.Its a feeling of falling through the pillow.