PDA

View Full Version : I AM AFRAID AGAIN !!!! What can i do??

Torombolo
28-10-14, 12:14
Hello forum ,,I am here in this forum because I have had anxiety through whole my life,,i have been under medication on and off whole my life too!! recently my md in canada, prescribed me different medications for me (ephexor-seroquel)both for anxiety!! that was like 5 years ago,, and since then i have start to have a change in my life ,,i start to have much less anxiety ,worries etc. But recently i have start in a new job!! (like always happens with people with my anxiety problem)and i start to feel very stressed and anxious very often and i had to go to my md and he prescribed more seroquel,,the medication works very well but i am still having a lot of anxiety and i start to missed work !! taking sick days off. and now i am worried that a im going to loose the job again!!!:doh::scared15::wacko: and for me this job means a lot for me !!,,,,what can i do??anyone can tell me any mental technique for relaxation at work?? or every time i get anxious ???

Oosh
28-10-14, 13:57
What do you enjoy ?
What are your interests ?
Who are some of your favourite people in this world who you could watch or listen to for hours.
Who makes you laugh ?
What makes you laugh ?
What was your favourite holiday ?

Remember a time when you were strong.
Remember a time when you were confident.
Remember a time when you couldnt stop laughing.

What are your goals ?
Why are you in this job ?
What is the thing you ultimately want to achieve in this job and in life ?

Strong, confident, non-anxious moods are made of ingredients.
In order to find yourself back to feeling yourself, at work or anywhere else, remember these things.

Where your thoughts go, feelings follow.

If i numb out because of anxiety i remember these things and i remember myself.

You can lose your mood to anxiety in a second and you can get it back in a second too. Its down to what you focus your attention on. What do you turn your minds eye to. What do you visualise.

Take reminders of these things with you to work so you can create a sort of cocoon at work where you can keep your thoughts in this more comfortable, enjoyable place.

I often arrive at work and think "right, im not going to think about this place".
Your body might be there but you can keep your mind in a different place.

Create that cocoon and take it to work.