PDA

View Full Version : Can HA make you exaggerate things....?

lily1
28-10-14, 15:09
I have a great fear of the C word especially BC. I have been to the clinic a couple of times in two years with lumps that turned out to be cysts apparently.

Now I think I see a dimple under my breast when I lift my arm. Some lights it looks like a stretchmark and sometimes in other light it looks like a dip.

My doctor examined me and she said she didn't see any tethering, and I'm seeing her again for another exam soon.

My question is can H/A make you see something innocent but with googling convince yourself it is a symptom of something more serious? :(

Fishmanpa
28-10-14, 15:13
I have a great fear of the C word especially BC. I have been to the clinic a couple of times in two years with lumps that turned out to be cysts apparently.

Now I think I see a dimple under my breast when I lift my arm. Some lights it looks like a stretchmark and sometimes in other light it looks like a dip.

My doctor examined me and she said she didn't see any tethering, and I'm seeing her again for another exam soon.

My question is can H/A make you see something innocent but with googling convince yourself it is a symptom of something more serious? :(

Absolutely! There are those that see things like a body part wasting when it doesn't exist (or physiologically is impossible) as well as other examples (how about moles for instance?). Being that HA makes you hyper vigilant about your body, your mind will tend to exaggerate totally normal things especially when you add Dr. Google to the mix.

Positive thoughts

lily1
28-10-14, 15:22
Absolutely! There are those that see things like a body part wasting when it doesn't exist (or physiologically is impossible) as well as other examples (how about moles for instance?). Being that HA makes you hyper vigilant about your body, your mind will tend to exaggerate totally normal things especially when you add Dr. Google to the mix.

Positive thoughts

Thank you! The trouble is the more I check to see if it has changed or is still there the worse I think it looks. It's so frustrating as my husband says there is nothing there but in certain lights I can see it.

Fishmanpa
28-10-14, 15:24
Thank you! The trouble is the more I check to see if it has changed or is still there the worse I think it looks. It's so frustrating as my husband says there is nothing there but in certain lights I can see it.

In certain light I don't look as old as I am and in certain mirrors I look taller ~lol~ Your doctor isn't concerned nor should you be.

Positive thoughts