PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound Scan Finished Need Reassurance Please!?

Petesy
28-10-14, 17:17
Hi Everyone

Just had my abdominal ultrasound scan done i was ok during it but as I stood up to clean the gel off my stomach I noticed eight images and the lady was putting pointers on a certain one which has sent my anxious mind spiralling out of control, she wouldn't tell me anything other than my g.p will receive the results in 7-10 days.. I tried to tell them i've been worried sick about it for a while now but all I got was the above :weep:

The scan was originally to check out for gallstones but my head is all over the place now thinking of the worst!

Please someone tell me they've experienced the same thing because my heads in overdrive right now.

If anyone can relate I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Anyone?.

Fishmanpa
28-10-14, 17:39
You know that the tech cannot tell you anything. The proper trained medical personnel have to read the results and file a report so your doctor can talk to you if needed. It's the same with any test.

Imagine if you will going every three months to see if cancer has returned. That's what I deal with. I trust what my body is telling me and keep a positive attitude. Takes work but as they say... anything worth having is worth doing.

Positive thoughts

Petesy
28-10-14, 18:05
Hi fishmanpa

You're right, it's the waiting game after seeing the pointers getting put on the image, this has me spooked.

You're a brave man and I take my hat off to you, i've red a bit about your story and have total admiration for you fishmanpa, i lay on my uncles bed when he was just skin and bone with cancer brushing his hair which made him fall asleep, unfortunately a week after those visits he passed in the arms of his wife, so for you too stay as positive as you are under the circumstances well you're a strong example to others...

I'll do my best to stay positive and thank you for your reply.

Much appreciated.

Petesy :bighug1:

almamatters
28-10-14, 18:08
I have had a few abdo ultrasounds and always think the worst but as fishman said the technician is not allowed to say a lot , personally if something is wrong then I don't think that you wait 7 to 10 days for results, they are usually faxed over to your GP asap. I remember watching my liver being scanned and seeing what I thought was dark sinister looking patches on the screen and assuming it was something sinister but it obviously wasn't as my results were normal.

Petesy
28-10-14, 18:21
Thanks Almamatters for your reply

Just as you said I seen those black patches, in my head I was saying that looks an awful lot like my hernia but I also started shaking as i left the ultrasound suite thinking sinister, sinister, sinister, strange though because on arrival I was as positive as could be after leaving I was slowly crumbling with anxiety and negative thoughts, but I'll just need to wait and see and try not to dwell on it too much.

Thanks for sharing this Almamatters

Petesy :winks:

Fishmanpa
28-10-14, 18:32
I'll do my best to stay positive and thank you for your reply.

Much appreciated.

Petesy :bighug1:

That's that way to be. Do some things to keep you distracted and smiling ya hear? I have the feeling all will be well. Keep up the good work with the smoking. I have some early signs too from all the years I smoked and nothing has changed for the worse.

And thanks for your kind words. I truly appreciate them. This is actually a rather stressful time as it always is before a check up. I go Nov. 18th for my scope, poke and prod. I don't anticipate any issues as I feel about the same but as with you and many, there's a nagging in the back of my mind. So far I'm good but I have a "chill pill" is things get too stressed ;)

Positive thoughts

almamatters
28-10-14, 18:53
Thanks Almamatters for your reply

Just as you said I seen those black patches, in my head I was saying that looks an awful lot like my hernia but I also started shaking as i left the ultrasound suite thinking sinister, sinister, sinister, strange though because on arrival I was as positive as could be after leaving I was slowly crumbling with anxiety and negative thoughts, but I'll just need to wait and see and try not to dwell on it too much.

Thanks for sharing this Almamatters

Petesy :winks:

You are welcome, at least you only started shaking when leaving the ultrasound ! , I was crying and being quite hysterical to be honest. It took 7 days for my results but I know they can take a fair bit longer. Like Fishman said try and keep busy . Let us know how you go on. :)