PDA

View Full Version : visual disturbance

angiepangy
02-01-07, 12:44
hiya i get visual disturbance where it feels like ive looked at the sun fot too long and see half of things and then my speech goes weird like i cant remember what to say anybody else suffers from this[:o)]

a hughes

Chopper
02-01-07, 12:53
Afternoon Angie,

I do get almost identical symptoms, almost like a 'tunnelling' effect, narrowing vision and blurriness.

I don't get it often but it is quite disconcerting when it happens. I tend to get the efffect when I'm anxious and the slurred speech makes me even more aggitated.

I don't know whether it's yet another symptom of the anxiety or just another blooming side effect of the medication?

I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable members can shed more light on the issue?

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

kate
02-01-07, 13:01
Hehe, I'm not a "knowledgeable" member but it sounds like a classic symptom of migraine.

The visual problems can occur with or without headache.

Might be a good idea to go and see your GP.

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Slothette
02-01-07, 14:40
Hiya

I get these symptoms when I'm about to get a migraine. Do you get a bad headache too? If it's a migraine try resting in a darkened room for a while.

Take care

Lexxie

feels_like_home
02-01-07, 15:20
Hi,
I get these symptoms before I get a migraine, but have had them without the headache as well. Talk to your doctor about how you are feeling.
Take care,
Michelle

Melina
02-01-07, 16:40
hi

I get the symptons of slurred and mumbled speech when I am feeling really anxiety or panicky - it also gets worse if I am with people and they are constantly asking me what, pardon, what did you say - I geninuely thought I must be the only person in the world that got this because I have never (in my 37-yrs) come across anyone with a similar/the same problem

nomorepanic
02-01-07, 19:08
Hi Angie

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and support.

Would you say they are like floaters atall?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

EebyJeeby
02-01-07, 19:17
Hi Angie,

It does sound very much like a migraine aura to me. I suffered with them for a long time (without the actual headache). One clue would be that migraine auras only last for about 20-30 mins, after which the vision usually clears but it can leave you feeling a bit nauseous.

As Kate says, pop along to your GP to talk it over.

Eeb x

trac67
02-01-07, 22:44
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

manmoor
02-01-07, 23:36
Hi Angie,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

tam
03-01-07, 00:10
hi angie welcome i do get visual disturbances when feeling anxious alot like i cant focus properly.tc tracy

feels_like_home
03-01-07, 00:14
Hi Tracy,
I also have trouble focusing when I get really anxious. It happens when I am shopping, at a restaurant or when too many people are around. I just cannot focus my eyes. It is like there is just too much going on visually. Is this similar to how you feel?
Take care,
Michelle

Granny Primark
03-01-07, 15:17
Hi angie,
Welcome to nmp.
I get tunnel vision and cant forcus my eyes. I never realised that anyone else suffered with this until i read your post. Its reassured me to know that it could be a result of anxiety.
As regards the speach problem i sometimes completely forget what i was going to say. But i put that down to my anxious feelings and the fact so many thoughts are going on in my head at the same time.

Take care
LYNN xx