PDA

View Full Version : needles and pins

just_charley
28-10-14, 19:43
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted too much as well I guess I thought I could get myself sorted.
I know as I write this I am answering my own questions but i guess in a way its therapy.
I have been experiencing bad pins and needles this evening in my arms mostly my left, today I attended my mums cremation ceremony and as the only child have been looking after my dad, my nan 94, my kids 13,1,2 and sorting out my mums funeral after she was diagnosed with cancer 6 weeks ago.

I know you are all probably thinking no wonder you are feeling anxious"
but even though I know its normal it is still scrary. I have had anxiety problems for 4 years now and have recently been diagnosed with IBS and Fibromyalgia

I start 1 on 1 CBT tomorrow and cannot wait.

Anyone else suffer from pins and needles?

chickpea
28-10-14, 21:15
Firstly, I'm so, so sorry about your mum. You must have been through a very traumatic time recently.

I've been getting pins and needles in my right arm for a month or so. I think mine is down to a shoulder/neck problem but I'm also wondering about fibromyalgia, as I get lots of pain in different areas of my body.
I also know that fibro can cause pins and needles, so that's certainly a possibility for you.
It might also be that you've tensed up your posture - understandably - which has affected your muscles and nerves temporarily. I know my shoulder and arm problems started after a period of stress and bring unwell.

kam1909
28-10-14, 21:27
Sorry to hear about your mum, I also lost my mum to cancer last year.

I went through quite a long period of pins and needles which I thought would never end, but things did improve. This followed a long period of something similar to IBS and unfortunately now I am experiencing other symptoms. I think they are all related to the anxiety brought on by everything going on in my life both in the past and present.

I still get occasional pins and needles but nowhere near what I experienced before and it no longer freaks me out. I experienced them in my hands, legs and feet on both sides.

With time I am sure the pins and needles will reduce even though it might seem unlikely just now.