PDA

View Full Version : Scared to weigh myself

water
29-10-14, 00:37
I'm not insecure about my body but I can loose like 20 pounds im chubby but I have anxiety of getting sick and they way I can tell that is by losing weight so I haven't weighed myself in a few days when I saw I lost 3 pounds, I weighed myself in The morning and I only at two small things I barely ate the day before that for worry so now I've been stuffing myself so I don't lose weight or at least notice I know it sounds crazy but I'm really scared I've been pushing in my chin and checking my body to see if there is anything up I don't think I've changed but I'm still scared to weigh In

Please help me

Mindknot
29-10-14, 11:32
Everyone fluctuates a few pounds over a short time period - it's water retention, also dependent on what you eat etc - if you didn't eat much but peed 3lb out, you'd lose 3lbs!

The only way you can tell if you are experiencing sustained weight loss is to regularly weigh yourself at the same time each week - usually best just after getting up as your body should have done all the "processing" it needs to do by then!

Eeesh gives a wonderful reply in this thread on the same subject - http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=161329&page=2