PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else's anxiety get worse during summer?

xofeatherxo
29-10-14, 03:07
Just as the title says... It's been this way for as long as I can remember; during the summer I spend all of my time convinced that I'm dying of something, and then October ends and it's like I'm a totally different person. I was at my lowest this summer, but now, like clockwork, I'm sleeping better at night, I'm getting back into my hobbies that have taken a backseat to health worries, and most importantly I've had a few miscellaneous symptoms that, a month ago, would have sent me into a panic, but I barely think about them. I've been writing again (at least 20 pages in the past 2 days). I actually feel like drawing. I'm thinking about cleaning and painting my room. I'm thinking of the future like something that will most likely happen rather than "maybe someday I'll do that if I don't die of cancer first." It's like there's a switch in my brain that flips with the seasons.

I'm aware of SAD, but isn't it usually during the winter that SAD kicks in? Or is winter SAD just more common? Is it just that there's less pressure to go out and be social, and it's more acceptable to stay in and keep to myself?

My brother made me laugh yesterday when I mentioned this to him; we both love Skyrim and he says it's probably because I'm a true Nord, built for the cold. :D

Either way I'm not complaining, I'll gladly take this bout of sanity for as long as it lasts. :yahoo:

nursegreenwhippet
29-10-14, 07:29
Hi I like the winter better, I woke up this morning and wa s glad it was raining, I like the sound of it and it makes me feel nice, I also like the dark evenings. I'm pretty sure this links back to school though. I hated school and there was no PE with the rain - horay! And you got to stay in from the playground too. Also you got settled into the new school year by the time the end of October arrived and could breathe a sigh of relief. :)

Mindknot
29-10-14, 11:18
Yeah, kicked off big time during summer, the heat makes me uncomfortable which makes anxiety worse... looking forward to cosying up in blankets and jumpers during the dark months - I'm a true Nord too ;)