PDA

View Full Version : hello

Lauradee
02-01-07, 14:45
Hello

Im lauradee and have just registered on this website. I am 32 years old and have suffered from panic attacks since I lost my mother when I 13 years old. I am having a bad episode this time round but am trying to control it because I have a a 6 year old son and dont wish to upset him. I have had different medication over the years. This time I have been trying herbal remedies such as Kalms and BACHS RESCUE REMEDY however these dont seem to be helping much. I do have a 2mg diazapam that was prescribed back in August that I might take but i dont want to get too drousy! I thought I would do something positive and join up its good to know there are people out there who knows how it feels!

lauradee

yorkylover
02-01-07, 14:58
Welcome Lauradee,you will get lots of support here and advise.Everyone is wonderful here,you will make lots of friends.;)

Ellen XX

heths
02-01-07, 15:18
Hi Lauradee,

Welcome to the forum. I agree, I feel good too that people here understand me. Everyone is supportive here too.

Take care,

Heather x

feels_like_home
02-01-07, 15:22
Hi Laura,
This ir the right place to come. You will receive so much support and will be able to help others, which is a wonderful feeling. You are not alone.
Take care,
Michelle

sandlin
02-01-07, 15:52
Welcome

This is a great place. I'm sure you'll find it useful

Linda xx

Lauradee
02-01-07, 15:54
Hello again

thanks for the replies. decided to take the 2mg diazapam as i couldnt bear it any longer. its really difficult to keep things together when you feel like your head is going to explode! I know its not a long term solution but it will get me through the day. Id been so good up until a few weeks ago and then bang I had an attack out of the blue at my friends wedding . In the middle of the night I was shaking uncontrollably and couldnt close my eyes again cause I was scared that I wouldnt wake up again! I had another one similar to that last night and today have been fighting one off but I am so tired now. My poor son! Hes only six and he doesnt understand whats wrong I really try to hide it from him but sometimes thats not so easy. I hate myself for being this way!

lauradee

kittykat
02-01-07, 15:57
Hi Lauradee,

Welcome to the site, you'll find it a great help to get you through the bad times, i too hide things from my family and tht in itself can be hard. Hope you feel better soon .

Take care

shirley xx

Melina
02-01-07, 16:37
Hi Lauradee

I registered with the site a few days ago and already have been experiencing some very helpful advice and support from other members.

I'm 37years with a 9 year old daugther and live in London UK. Been experiencing panic and anxiety at it's worse over the past couple of years - it had steadily grown since I lost my mother 4 years ago

bye for now and hope to talk to you soon

Lauradee
02-01-07, 16:45
Hello Melina

I also live in London. I lost my mother when i was 13 so i know how you must be feeling you can pm any time. My diazapams kicked in so im relatively calm!and thanks for your post.

:)

lauradee

chucklehound
02-01-07, 16:49
Hi and welcome to NMP:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

ceecee
02-01-07, 18:06
hi laura welcome to the forum
i,m sorry that you lost your mum at such a young age,i can,t imagine how you feel,but we are here for you!
take care
rach x

nomorepanic
02-01-07, 19:00
Hi Lauradee

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have you ever tried CBT or thought about it? It could really help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

trac67
02-01-07, 19:12
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

Lauradee
02-01-07, 19:29
hello Nicola

Had counselling for a short while when I was 21 but the person kept changing and then they wanted to refer me to a pshyciatric unit which freaked me out so I never went back! Have an appt at doctors tomorrow going to discuss my options. im scared if i talk about things too much it will bring everything back and i wont be able to cope.Does that make any sense?

lauradee

groovygranny
02-01-07, 20:20
Hi there Lauradee adn welcome!
Even if it scares you, talking is the best thing you can do.

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

xBettyBoopx
02-01-07, 22:48
Hi Lauradee

Welcome to the forum, I'm a newbie too. I'm sure you will find it helpful and meet many nice new friends.

Take care

Elspeth[8D]

manmoor
02-01-07, 23:33
Hi Lauradee,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

tam
03-01-07, 00:18
hi lauradee welcome and good first step you have made joining here,loads of help and advice

Lauradee
03-01-07, 11:29
Hello to everyone

thank you for all your replies and hello to any new people that i have yet to say hi to! It makes you fell less crazy when you read that there other people experiencing th same things as you and you feel less cuckoo!

lauradee