PDA

View Full Version : Checking pulse constantly throughout day slow heartrate :-(

Mrspanic
29-10-14, 13:18
I am checking my pulse 50+ times a day I used to have heartrate up in 80's/90's now its dropped to 60's/70's during day and sometimes down to 58 which is panicing me as i have health anxiety which is focused on my heart at the moment - does anyone else constantly check thier pulse and/or have low heartrate? x

mummyanxious
29-10-14, 14:23
Yes me. Could have written your post x

Serenity1990
29-10-14, 15:44
A RHR in the 60s is very healthy.

Petesy
29-10-14, 16:45
Hi Mrs Panic

I used to do this quite a lot and get told off in the process lol, i've been admitted into hospital on heart monitors and the heart rate of 58 is completely normal I annoyed the nurses saying this isn't normal no way and had to be reassured off of the consultants that it was, Serenity1990 is right a RHR 60 is healthy, and I bet you've asked yourself i'm feeling anxious why isn't my heart beating faster than this.. It's just the anxiety and tbh I still check my pulse now and then.

Take care :bighug1:

Petesy

mummyanxious
30-10-14, 08:26
I completely understand what you mean though. For me I'm used to a pulse of 75-80. Then it dropped to 60-65 and sometimes below at 58. Once I got a 55 and once a 49 which I'm certain is not normal. I was snoozy on the sofa then though. But anyhow. The point being people go oh 60 is very healthy. Yes it's healthy for an athlete and fit people but I don't do any structured exercise and I am anxious a lot of the time.
So then you worry about conditions that would actually cause a slow heart rate that means its not healthy?

Fishmanpa
30-10-14, 11:28
MrsP, there's nothing wrong with your heart rate. In fact, most would be thrilled with rates like yours, especially those on the lower end as they're that of a seasoned athlete. I understand the reasons why you would be concerned if you truly had a heart condition but 50+ times a day is about every 5 minutes! Even the OCD Guru would bow down to you ;)

Positive thoughts