PDA

View Full Version : Need some reassurance (stress related symptoms)

breeze25
29-10-14, 16:57
I have been through a very stressful 2 week period, 4 days of that was preparing for a job interview which I got really stressed about as for my family I really needed this job and if I did not get it, it would of severely impacted my family, I spent 4 days having very little sleep and constantly feeling sick and nervous, as soon as the interview finished I felt better and I got the job so was really pleased, but ... that was a week ago and for the first 3/4 days afterwards I felt so exhausted that I slept 14 hours a night and a few hours after waking up I was exhausted again, now the exhaustion has cleared but I am feeling a little panicky, this makes me slightly forgetful and then struggle for words when speaking and this makes me even more anxious!!, my fingers are slightly numb as well. Now I know these are all symptoms of anxiety and I have had them before when suffering from a stressful period of time.

Just looking for a little reassurance as the what is.... questions are popping into my head and not finding it as easy to dismiss them.

Emloo22
30-10-14, 21:49
You used the words 'anxious' and 'panicky' yourself so if you are feeling that way you are bound to have symptoms. Try to get rid of what's causing you to feel that way or at least take time to relax and rest, and I'm sure the symptoms will go away. Take care

eeesh
30-10-14, 21:51
I have been through a very stressful 2 week period, 4 days of that was preparing for a job interview which I got really stressed about as for my family I really needed this job and if I did not get it, it would of severely impacted my family, I spent 4 days having very little sleep and constantly feeling sick and nervous, as soon as the interview finished I felt better and I got the job so was really pleased, but ... that was a week ago and for the first 3/4 days afterwards I felt so exhausted that I slept 14 hours a night and a few hours after waking up I was exhausted again, now the exhaustion has cleared but I am feeling a little panicky, this makes me slightly forgetful and then struggle for words when speaking and this makes me even more anxious!!, my fingers are slightly numb as well. Now I know these are all symptoms of anxiety and I have had them before when suffering from a stressful period of time.

Just looking for a little reassurance as the what is.... questions are popping into my head and not finding it as easy to dismiss them.

You're posting symptoms of your anxiety on an anxiety forum to assure yourself you have anxiety.

Come on now :yesyes: