PDA

View Full Version : All in your head?

Harvietom
29-10-14, 17:54
Hi, I'm new here. I still have trouble believing I have HA but my GP tells me I have anxiety abou pretty much everything. Anyway, a couple of questions if you don't mind! Basically I'm wondering if it's normal to deny a diagnosis of GAD at first? I just can't get over the fact my brain is making my body feel things I'm not. Secondly, when I dwell on yet another 'symptom' of yet another 'illness' the 'symptom' I was feeling beforehand just disappears. Does this mean I was never feeling it in the first place? I'm so confused, does anyone else feel the same as me or am I on my own?

.Poppy.
29-10-14, 18:19
Sometimes the symptoms feel so real that it's hard to believe it's all just in your head.

When I had bad HA, my symptoms would cycle like yours did. It was like I couldn't mentally keep up with so many "illnesses" so when I picked up a new fear I dropped the previous one. Even if I had something mundane like menstrual cramps or the flu, dealing with that took so much energy that I'd often forget about my "symptoms" and I'd "reset".