PDA

View Full Version : It was all going so well

piglits pal
02-01-07, 15:04
Well it was. It was going well. The anxiety was all under control.

Woke up this morning and just knew. My husband went back to work and it was my son's first day back at nursery. I wasn't looking forward to it and felt the anxiety rising.

Then mid-morning all the health worries flooded back. I can't believe I gave in so easily to them. Months of hard work down the drain.

yorkylover
02-01-07, 15:11
Hi there,its not all gone down the drain pet.We have set backs.I went a whole year without a panic attack and then bang,had a major one.Its taken me months to get over it.You will pick up again pet.Probably to much happening at once.;)

Ellen XX

feels_like_home
02-01-07, 19:45
Hi,
Try to focus on how far you have come. We all experience set backs, which leave us feeling like we have failed. We haven't failed, just fell down and need some help getting up. There is so much support here to help you up. Don't give up.
Take care,
Michelle

piglits pal
03-01-07, 09:16
Thanks.

Gets a bit frustrating when you think things are going well then it comes along and slaps you again.

Saw my gp yesterday afternoon and we've stopped the citalopram which quite frankly didn't help me at all, and have started paroxetine which worked for me in the past.

Few weeks of withdrawal symptoms and side effects to deal with now.[xx(]

spuds
03-01-07, 11:40
Hi. I am having a set back at the moment too. Worrying about health issues again, and finding a few more for good luck. I try to think of it as a blip - recovery goes up and down like a crazy graph, gradually going up, not a smooth curve upwards all the time. I am frustrated too because when I almost feel I have gotten over it I have a bad day and feel back at square one. I am trying to focus on how much better I am than two years ago rather than just how crap I feel today.