PDA

View Full Version : Going off my head- panic or seizure

Al1971
29-10-14, 18:31
Reassurance needed please:

About month ago I started experiencing pins needles tingling mild pain in left side of body that I probably have had before but never dwelled on. I have always had an obsession with symptoms but have pretty much kept in check for best part of 13 years.

I went major googling for symptoms as I had already began to fixate on MS and as the days weeks went on I alighted on brain tumor or more specifically partial seizures (parietal sensory). I'm terrified I have them.

I spoke to occ health doc and GP and they said they think its anxiety and I have been on 20mg Cit and propanolol. I went through major panic and actually had hot flushes which I'd never had!

The "seizure" episodes go like this:

First thing is nausea or a stomach uppers abdomen twitch
Pins needles arm leg and sometimes left face head
Need to get up and walk away
Fuzzy feeling and panic
No tight chest or breathing issues

Can anxiety be doing this???

It's taking over my life and I know it's too early for Cit to kick in but I'm really really scared.

Ps all bloods were fine - FBC ESR CRP Kidneys LFT etc

chickpea
29-10-14, 18:59
Firstly, citalopram takes a couple of weeks to work positively. During that time, it's very normal to feel quite a lot worse - I had horrendous anxiety to start with, and felt nauseous, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep etc.

All the symptoms you have listed could be attributed to anxiety, absolutely.
I have been having pins and needles and tingling in my right arm, along with feeling a bit dizzy and odd at times. I am pretty sure the pins and needles is from a shoulder/neck problem, which is also causing the dizziness. Of course, when it starts, it also makes me feel a bit anxious...which makes everything worse!

I refuse to Google - what's the point?

Al1971
29-10-14, 19:06
Firstly, citalopram takes a couple of weeks to work positively. During that time, it's very normal to feel quite a lot worse - I had horrendous anxiety to start with, and felt nauseous, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep etc.

All the symptoms you have listed could be attributed to anxiety, absolutely.
I have been having pins and needles and tingling in my right arm, along with feeling a bit dizzy and odd at times. I am pretty sure the pins and needles is from a shoulder/neck problem, which is also causing the dizziness. Of course, when it starts, it also makes me feel a bit anxious...which makes everything worse!

I refuse to Google - what's the point?

Thanks for your reply - I wish I could stop googling, I know it is so counterproductive. Why on earth I'm I reading about partial seizures, but I am.

I will stick with the Cit because it worked before for me