PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that quitting caffeine makes so much effect?

trus75
29-10-14, 19:06
I've had recent episodes of panic attacks because of my heart "obsession" and because I have PVCs / PACs often.

After reading a lot about the theme, I decided to quit caffeine and to cut on sugar, and to walk 3 times a week - 40 minutes each time.

After 1 week, I noticed that my resting heart rate (measured in the morning), which was usually between 68-75, is now 60! (sometimes it's 58 when I'm still in my bed).

My "normal" heart rate, I mean when I'm sitting but not sleeping, is now between 68-72, and it was around 80 before.....

I haven't had a single PVC / PAC for more than 4 days.

Is it possible that quitting caffeine makes the heart works so slower? It's really a big difference in the HR. I don't think the exercise had any effect on it, because I'm not doing it since long time ago.

Aaahhfreakout
30-10-14, 15:40
Yes, it'd be too early for the exercise to have a big effect on your heart's ability to pump. That would take months.

Perhaps exercise is making you tired, calming you or helping with digestion, all of which will slow your heartbeat. Or you really are that sensitive to caffeine.

It sounds like you've had great success with reducing the PACs and PVCs. All good. :yesyes:

Junot
31-10-14, 14:08
I'm very sensitive to caffeine. A latte is enough to shoot up my anxiety, heart rate included. I've been drinking only decafs lately and doing fine. That said, I believe it's possible.