PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of this constant health anxiety cycle!

little.miss.worry
29-10-14, 23:02
I'm so fed up of it all. I do well for so long and then bam. Something happens and it sets it all off again. At the moment I seem to be in a cycle that I can't get out of and quite frankly, it's ruining my life. I can't focus on the important things in life such as my university studies and it makes me want to hit my head against a brick wall :curse: I want to do so well in life and this is just stopping me at the moment. It's like one thing happens and then something else does. I can't take my mind from this constant worry.

I've been contacting a counsellor for around about 2 months now (my doctor gave me a number) I've been to a counsellor previously and I tend to do extremely well. But, I always manage to have a re-lapse after about a year. I constantly ring up and no one ever picks up. I've left my name and number and nothing! So that gives me no hope either.

I just don't know what to do with myself.. or my life for that matter. I'm just fed up of this constant battle it's so draining which, i'm sure everyone can relate :weep:

Hi1994
29-10-14, 23:15
Reading your posts makes me feel a lot better. I can't focus on my school either, it's ruining my life! It goes away for a couple of months and then it comes back! I currently think I have nose cancer because of my cartilage on my nose being bumpy. I know how you feel. I can't even sleep sometimes over it. I wish I could help you somehow. It's just so hard. :(

wnsos
29-10-14, 23:34
You should read this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=159331) post if you haven't yet. It's really helpful. :hugs: You can handle this and you can get your life back on track.

Primula
29-10-14, 23:37
Yes, read the suggested post. It's so helpful and will point you in the right direction.

little.miss.worry
29-10-14, 23:39
Reading your posts makes me feel a lot better. I can't focus on my school either, it's ruining my life! It goes away for a couple of months and then it comes back! I currently think I have nose cancer because of my cartilage on my nose being bumpy. I know how you feel. I can't even sleep sometimes over it. I wish I could help you somehow. It's just so hard. :(

It really sucks doesn't it :( and it's weird how everything can be fine and then something happens which makes your mind think there's something wrong with you :( I'm sure you haven't got nose cancer the chances of that is probably very slim! :)

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

You should read this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=159331) post if you haven't yet. It's really helpful. :hugs: You can handle this and you can get your life back on track.

I'll have a read through it, thanks a lot! :D

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Yes, read the suggested post. It's so helpful and will point you in the right direction.

I will do, thank you :)

Taffy
30-10-14, 01:32
Hey Emily-Kate, rest assured you are not alone in this. I've been struggling with HA for the past 4 years and lately it's been the worst. I've had a lot of personal tragedy in my life and also had to cope with some distressing situations in my job. All this had lead to my anxiety. I can't offer any comfort right now other other than to say that we've all been were you are and in some instances are going through it right now. If you need to vent this is the place and you can always PM if you you wish.

little.miss.worry
30-10-14, 10:59
Hey Emily-Kate, rest assured you are not alone in this. I've been struggling with HA for the past 4 years and lately it's been the worst. I've had a lot of personal tragedy in my life and also had to cope with some distressing situations in my job. All this had lead to my anxiety. I can't offer any comfort right now other other than to say that we've all been were you are and in some instances are going through it right now. If you need to vent this is the place and you can always PM if you you wish.

Hey, thank you. That's made me feel better :) I'm glad I'm not the only one going through it. I've been struggling with it for 4 years on and off too and it's not the greatest thing in the world. I'm sorry to hear that :( you will get through it, just make sure you have people who support you because it makes things easier :) and thank you! :)

IrishLondon
31-10-14, 22:08
Hi Emily-Kate,

I completely understand when you talk about the "cycle". For the past 5 years, i'm had really bad anxiety. Every 6 months a new symptom will crop up which just sends me back into the anxiety spiral.

I'm trying to make my brain realise that I got through those bad times before and I can definitely do it again,

You are not alone!!
Ryan

jonjones
01-11-14, 00:29
Hi Emily-Kate,

I recommend that you keep a journal and note down how you come though your difficult moments.

This will help you build your confidence, so that should you relapse you will know that you have came through it before, which you have, and that you can come through it again!

Jon

little.miss.worry
02-11-14, 00:13
Hi Emily-Kate,

I completely understand when you talk about the "cycle". For the past 5 years, i'm had really bad anxiety. Every 6 months a new symptom will crop up which just sends me back into the anxiety spiral.

I'm trying to make my brain realise that I got through those bad times before and I can definitely do it again,

You are not alone!!
Ryan

I'm so glad i'm not alone. It does make me feel slightly better to know that! :) It's truly horrible but i'm sure everyone one of us will get through it eventually ^_^

---------- Post added at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

Hi Emily-Kate,

I recommend that you keep a journal and note down how you come though your difficult moments.

This will help you build your confidence, so that should you relapse you will know that you have came through it before, which you have, and that you can come through it again!

Jon

I think i'll start doing that, thank you! Seems like a good idea! :D

Abarth
02-11-14, 00:33
Hey Emily-kate, i know exactly how you feel and it is awful. Jon's advice is really sound. I too am going through a rough patch and It was really interesting to re-read a thread I started over 2'years ago titled 'anyone else'. Within the thread I set out what I had been experiencing and behaviours I had been displaying. As poor as I feel at the moment, reading that thread again gave me some re-assurance as it reminded me of symptoms that I previously had and overcame,yet subsequently concealed in the darkest recesses of my brain!! This state of mind is so debilitating, but you will get through it. If nothing else, time eventually validates our good health, so be assured you will get there. Take care.
Ant

little.miss.worry
02-11-14, 23:44
Hey Emily-kate, i know exactly how you feel and it is awful. Jon's advice is really sound. I too am going through a rough patch and It was really interesting to re-read a thread I started over 2'years ago titled 'anyone else'. Within the thread I set out what I had been experiencing and behaviours I had been displaying. As poor as I feel at the moment, reading that thread again gave me some re-assurance as it reminded me of symptoms that I previously had and overcame,yet subsequently concealed in the darkest recesses of my brain!! This state of mind is so debilitating, but you will get through it. If nothing else, time eventually validates our good health, so be assured you will get there. Take care.
Ant

I've done exactly the same as you, I've gone back to some of my old posts because I'm experiencing something which is really odd and I've had it before but I'm getting worried about it, and it's like a constant thing and it has been for about 5 months now and it won't go away and I'm fed up and I'm just becoming really low. Even though, I've had it before I still get really scared it's just so depressing :( but, in a way, it's good to know that you've had it before and got through it if you know what I mean? :) and thank you, and you!

Emma_student
20-11-14, 14:09
Hi Emily-Kate,

Just to let you know, Im a 3rd year student going through the EXACT same thing as you!!! You literally feel so alone when you're in this state. I cannot concentrate on my work and im so harsh on myself because of it. If youre ever in need of a chat, pm me :) x

GirlAfraid23
20-11-14, 22:25
I understand Hun :( it's so difficult.
I thought I was over it and then bam, something happens out of the blue and kicks starts it all again.
I was happy and settled and actually saying to someone that I haven't had a health anxiety episode in a while...a few weeks later and I'm a wreck.

paranoidjh
20-11-14, 22:28
I'm with you, totally fed up with it now. Had CBT at beginning of year. Was discharged in May - doing really well only for it to crop up again now. Sinus, lightheaded/woozy feeling, and I've got leukemia or a brain tumor. Going back to docs for another referral this week. Do not want to go on medication. I'm frightening myself though.