PDA

View Full Version : Anesthetic fears, colonoscopy tomorrow. and I've got a cold!

Modestaustin811
30-10-14, 01:03
Having anesthetic tomorrow for endoscopy/ colonoscopy. Been sick for a few days, have a cough and tickle in throat.

Really worried, I know complications are increased from the anesthetic when someone has a cold.

Also I'm worried because i've been doing the colonoscopy prep all day and I have this sickness, and I'm worried about the virus taking over and getting into my heart.

Can't cancel either cause I canceled my last one because ironically, I was sick! Can't catch a break.

Help

nomorepanic
30-10-14, 01:06
Why are you having anaesthetic for it?

They won't do it if you are not well

Modestaustin811
30-10-14, 01:11
Just the doctors preference.

I don't have a fever, just a nagging tickling cough, and a stuffy runny nose. I can see them pushing through the procedure since I've done the prep, and I'm just worried.

It's just my luck something like this happens.

nomorepanic
30-10-14, 01:21
In the UK they would not do it if you had a cold

Dolphin8808
30-10-14, 12:54
they gave me a twilight which was AWESOME. It was a relaxing sleepiness, nothing too heavy. Woke up a little tired but that was it!

Frankie123
30-10-14, 21:13
I have had five colonoscopies and I have never been put to sleep for any of them, just a drug to make you relax. In fact, you can actually watch what is happening on the screen and, if you ask, they talk you through what they can see which I found very interesting and very reassuring. At least you know the result before you leave the hospital.