PDA

View Full Version : Fed up

Castashadow
30-10-14, 11:59
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and joined the forum because I feel as though I am fighting a loosing battle. I was diagnosed with Anixety at the beginning of September. I'd had 2 panic attacks fairly close together and was completely freaked out. I was given a very low dose of Amytriptiline as I can't take Beta Blockers. I am also seeing a therapist and have completely cut caffeine out of my diet (apart from the odd pice of chocolate).

My aniexty seems to like to trick me. When I was firstdiagnosed I had chronic sickness. I got over that and had a continual lump in my throat, got over that and had acid reflux. Now I am suffering with palpitations and ectopic beats. I saw my Dr yesterday about them, he said my heart, though beating fast (I was anxious) sounded structurally fine. This settled me for the afternoon. But I had a sleepless night accompanied with a racing heart and the odd palpitation.

I am struggling with this. I have forgotten the person I used to be and am seriously doubtful of ever getting my life back. I am only 27. I am still working and trying hard to get the balance right. I just feel so lost and scared. Every time something happened I doubt that it's 'just' aniexty as everything feels so real. Am I going mad?

b0yer
30-10-14, 12:24
Have you been to a therapist at all? It could be GAD but it could also be a form of OCD.

I was always worried about my health or thought I had cancer whenever I felt something in my throat or back. Turns out I have a form of mental OCD called Pure-O.

Maybe research this to see if it sounds like you? Also, you cannot die from having an anxiety attack. Even though it feels like a heart attack, you will not die from it. It is just anxiety. Don't fight the anxiety, embrace it. Let it come in and let it go to work. In time, if you embrace it, you will start to get anxiety less and less.