PDA

View Full Version : The continued Lymphoma saga

eeesh
30-10-14, 15:37
So I posted previously about my lymphoma worries,

to cut a long story short, stabbing abdominal pain for about 7 weeks, and general swollen lymph nodes (neck, groin, armpits) for 4.

Have been to a doctor 5 times or so in the last 5 weeks. Had blood results, all came back normal.

So, on Monday, I went to A&E. I told them I felt I was not being seen properly by my doctor, and that I wanted to get this all looked at.

I saw a wonderful doctor that sat with me for half an hour, analysed my bloods, took a urine sample, did a physical exam and had a look at the nodes.

I left feeling reassured until the stabbing pains came back in my stomach. His (and every other doc's) explanation was that it was muscular. Thing with this is it is definitely not muscular. There is no way in hell this stabbing sensation is muscular. I bodybuild, I know what muscle pain feels like. I have stopped working out for 4 weeks there has been no stimulus to warrant any sort of muscle soreness whatsoever. Secondly, it's an internal stabbing sensation, and not one that compares to anything I felt before. Aaand on top of this, it has been persistent now for 7 weeks.

I'm noticing digestion pains as well, for the first time in my life. I am a vegan, so I do not consume the fatty foods associated with this and nothing dietary has changed.

I know that generalised lymphdenopathy can be a warning sign for something potentially serious (especially when a virus etc is not indicated by my blood count).

I still have slightly low lymphocyte count, also.

So yeah, went back to the doc today and have been booked in for an ultrasound on my abdomen and groin.

This is ruling my life, ruining my work, causing so much perpetual hassle and distress but I just feel something is wrong! I have read so many accounts in the past of people with lymphoma that really had to fight for a diagnosis. I really hope I am not on that path!!!

Mindknot
30-10-14, 16:18
Eeesh, It sound to me that your doctor has done an amazing job at helping you out - they've ordered scans and everything for you - that's not fighting for a diagnosis, that's getting help!

Your symptoms - stabbing pains in stomach, yep me too, general swollen lymph nodes, yep me too, digestion problems, yep me too, clear blood tests, me too! Can it be that much of a coincidence that we are both undiagnosed (as are other people on this forum) or could it be that your anxiety is causing all those symptoms as it is mine?

Ok, but believing that you have lymphoma is not going to make the doctors move faster, (they are generally quite busy folk after all) so why not try and focus your mind elsewhere until your scan appointment? Try and do somethings you love, spend time with the people you love, eat some awesome vegan ice cream! - you've done everything you can up til now, let the doctors take over for a bit & try to trust them. Chin up! :hugs:

eeesh
30-10-14, 17:17
Eeesh, It sound to me that your doctor has done an amazing job at helping you out - they've ordered scans and everything for you - that's not fighting for a diagnosis, that's getting help!

Your symptoms - stabbing pains in stomach, yep me too, general swollen lymph nodes, yep me too, digestion problems, yep me too, clear blood tests, me too! Can it be that much of a coincidence that we are both undiagnosed (as are other people on this forum) or could it be that your anxiety is causing all those symptoms as it is mine?

Ok, but believing that you have lymphoma is not going to make the doctors move faster, (they are generally quite busy folk after all) so why not try and focus your mind elsewhere until your scan appointment? Try and do somethings you love, spend time with the people you love, eat some awesome vegan ice cream! - you've done everything you can up til now, let the doctors take over for a bit & try to trust them. Chin up! :hugs:

Urgh, well the doc on Monday told me to 'get on with my life', and that I am simply 'too young to be worrying about this sort of thing'. But jeez loouise! I'm knackered half the time (of course, I wouldnt dismiss that being anxiety related), and in a constant state of panic).

When I went back to another doctor today, they looked at my record and said 'well, judging by everything, you probably are all fine. That's probably not going to stop the anxiety though so I will arrange an ultrasound scan for you'.

Now there's the painful wait for the scan, and inbetween the scan, and then Lord knows what after the results.

I had a pint last night. One pint. I awoke with a hangover. Crikey.

miss sparkle
30-10-14, 20:49
I just wanted to reply to you to offer some support. I have some very enlarged nodes in my groin. Have had them for about 6 months now. Went doctors and was dismissed, so tried to carry on. Now i have persistent back ache and abdominal pains. I cant bare to go doctors again as 1. i am so scared. And 2. I do not want to look stupid or attention seeking. These thoughts take over my every waking moment. I am throughly exhausted :(

eeesh
30-10-14, 21:48
I just wanted to reply to you to offer some support. I have some very enlarged nodes in my groin. Have had them for about 6 months now. Went doctors and was dismissed, so tried to carry on. Now i have persistent back ache and abdominal pains. I cant bare to go doctors again as 1. i am so scared. And 2. I do not want to look stupid or attention seeking. These thoughts take over my every waking moment. I am throughly exhausted :(

Hey, Miss Sparkle :), thank you for the message!

Well, we can support each other then! How old are ya? I'm 22 - too young to be wasting my life on this rubbish!

If it was the big C chances are your symptoms would have got considerably worse by this point. Abdominal pain could be psychological, but bare in mind that back ache is usually accompanied by abdominal pain (the ab muscles compensate for an overly tight lower back), and back ache is very, very common.

Please don't be worried about the doctors thinking you're stupid. Take me as an example (an extreme one!).

In the past 7 weeks I have seen 1 GP twice, another GP 3 times, an STI doc, a walk in centre nurse, and an A&E doc!

Insane, I know. And they're all saying I am fine! I just can't get it out of my head that bloods prove nothing definitively!

That they are so dismissive indicates that this is a very common issue, and not one we need to get overly dramatic about!

Easier to say than do!

miss sparkle
30-10-14, 22:27
I think its because the last time i went doctors a good few months back. I did have a kidney infection. But the node was on my mind, so i mentioned it in kinda a oh btw kind of way. I havent had any bloods or anything taken. Which is ultimately what i am afraid will happen if i go back. I have gotten so bad, and i am so sure something is wrong i cannot stand to hear the verdict im dreading. Obviously i am thinking the worst constantly and that in itself is ao draining. No one close to me knows about my ha or indeed my "terminal illness" so its just ao difficult to carry on when you have these physical symptoms that may or may not be "real" or something to be genuinely conserned about.
Sorry im waffling now. But just nice to have a vent sometimes. Please feel free to offload and keep us updated :)

eeesh
30-10-14, 22:32
I think its because the last time i went doctors a good few months back. I did have a kidney infection. But the node was on my mind, so i mentioned it in kinda a oh btw kind of way. I havent had any bloods or anything taken. Which is ultimately what i am afraid will happen if i go back. I have gotten so bad, and i am so sure something is wrong i cannot stand to hear the verdict im dreading. Obviously i am thinking the worst constantly and that in itself is ao draining. No one close to me knows about my ha or indeed my "terminal illness" so its just ao difficult to carry on when you have these physical symptoms that may or may not be "real" or something to be genuinely conserned about.
Sorry im waffling now. But just nice to have a vent sometimes. Please feel free to offload and keep us updated :)

A localised lymphatic response is usually due to an infection in the area. A groin lymph node coming up about the time of a kidney infection is absolutely normal. I honestly would not worry about that at all!

miss sparkle
30-10-14, 22:34
I try to rationalise that too. BUT i have had this node for literally months. And my kidney infection went at least 3 months ago. And node hasnt :(
Thanks though :)

Mindknot
31-10-14, 10:29
I was feeling quite rational yesterday and now you've got me panicking about my nodes again today. That's the nature of anxiety I suppose :D

But yeah, i get that the wait for test results is hard, that said (sorry, this going to be a little harsh but true) if you were to find out you had a problem after the X-Ray results, wouldn't you wish that you spent the time in between doing things that you enjoy rather than worrying about it constantly?
I would, I know it's hard to set it aside, and that's the problem with anxiety but also the way to make the anxiety better is to try and stop spending all that time worrying about something that you can't really do anything more about (you've got all the tests on order after all)... I don't know if this makes any sense or helps at all, I'm trying to re-align my own head today too :scared15:

eeesh
31-10-14, 14:10
I was feeling quite rational yesterday and now you've got me panicking about my nodes again today. That's the nature of anxiety I suppose :D

But yeah, i get that the wait for test results is hard, that said (sorry, this going to be a little harsh but true) if you were to find out you had a problem after the X-Ray results, wouldn't you wish that you spent the time in between doing things that you enjoy rather than worrying about it constantly?
I would, I know it's hard to set it aside, and that's the problem with anxiety but also the way to make the anxiety better is to try and stop spending all that time worrying about something that you can't really do anything more about (you've got all the tests on order after all)... I don't know if this makes any sense or helps at all, I'm trying to re-align my own head today too :scared15:

haha, sorrry!

Same story here. Today I woke up thinking 'everything is probably O.K. The the stabbing abdominal pains ensued and I'm back to thinking something is definitely very wrong.

On a side note, my wisdom tooth on my left side has flared up. This has been accompanied by a large node swelling under my jaw. I like that because it shows they're working when needs be - I have a cogent explanation for it.

The stomach pains and groin nodes and the neck ache and the indigestion... nope, no explanation at all. Apart from cancer of course.

chickpea
31-10-14, 14:21
Here's a question for you, Eeesh.

What harm do you think you'll do yourself if you choose to believe, in the absence of any certainty either way, that you are in fact ok?

Surely it's better to live in a fool's paradise, than a fool's hell?
You certainly won't make your condition worse, and I am 100% sure you will make it a lot better.

Just a thought.

Liziik
01-11-14, 00:22
Chickpea I like you thinking!

And not sure if it's been said so I will write it anyway.
Internal stabbing pains I had this for a year scared the hell out of me went docs a&e you name it!
Could it be possible that like me it is your intestines/bowel having spasms? It's an intense sharp stabbing elecetriciting pain! Can be bought on by anxiety as when we worry we fasten up our digestion causing alsorts of problems! Just a thought :)
I also have a swollen nose under my arm and some in my neck clear bloods too no answer for it :( it's driving me mad!!

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

Swollen nose! Haha I meant node ��

eeesh
01-11-14, 00:37
Chickpea I like you thinking!

And not sure if it's been said so I will write it anyway.
Internal stabbing pains I had this for a year scared the hell out of me went docs a&e you name it!
Could it be possible that like me it is your intestines/bowel having spasms? It's an intense sharp stabbing elecetriciting pain! Can be bought on by anxiety as when we worry we fasten up our digestion causing alsorts of problems! Just a thought :)
I also have a swollen nose under my arm and some in my neck clear bloods too no answer for it :( it's driving me mad!!

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

Swollen nose! Haha I meant node ��

Oooh thank you for that suggestion, because yes, it certainly could be? It does feel like a spasm, but certainly not muscular.

Well my neck nodes feel much better today (apart from the swollen one under my wisdom tooth, which is tender as hell but I'm not bothered by that at all). The ones in my groin ache constantly, even when I'm not playing with them. I've learned to leave them alone now - finally.

Quit my job today. Huzzah. I hated it, and my chronic boredom and overall dissatisfaction has definitely contributed to my preoccupation with all this. I need to find something enjoyable and stimulating.

Anyway, I just want this darn scan out the way.

How big are the nodes you have?

---------- Post added at 00:37 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Here's a question for you, Eeesh.

What harm do you think you'll do yourself if you choose to believe, in the absence of any certainty either way, that you are in fact ok?

Surely it's better to live in a fool's paradise, than a fool's hell?
You certainly won't make your condition worse, and I am 100% sure you will make it a lot better.

Just a thought.

And a wonderful though too. Thank you.

Liziik
01-11-14, 01:20
Ah definitely something worth looking into. I had it so bad it would literally cripple me with pain for a few seconds till it passed and then would happen again! I learnt to live with it and slowly it went and I only have it every now and again though! But yeah for a year or so I thought I was sure I had something serious!

As for the nodes there up in my neck and arm put about 1cm so there small but still scaring me. I have never had a physical thing with my anxiety where I can actually touch it and check it if that makes sense?! So with the nodes it is scaring me. I also have a cyst on my knee and my face (which is awful!) I just want all these lumps and bumps to do one!

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

Wow my spelling is shocking tonight! Apologies!

eeesh
01-11-14, 13:58
Feeling really urgh today. Huge lump in my throat, earache and my mouth is sore from this wisdom tooth. Think I have an intermittent fever but not sure. I have had this problem frequently for the last few years, so it's not overly alarming. Buuut, because of all this stuff going on I very anxious.

Bah

chickpea
01-11-14, 15:55
Remind me - did you say you were 21?
When I was that age, my wisdom teeth would give me hell - I'd feel fluey, sore throat, exhausted, the lot.
When you've been up all night with teething babies, you realise just how traumatic cutting teeth can be!

As for the abdominal pains, I have IBS and Crohn's and I can tell you that your stomach, bowels, colon etc can take on a life of their own when you're stressed, in reaction to adrenaline - I've had days of feeling like something (a giant snake?) was trying to fight its way out of my intestines, times when it felt like I was pregnant and a baby was kicking me, times when trapped wind has had me doubled over or on all fours panting...all harmless but deeply unpleasant!!

They describe the stomach as your second brain - it reacts to all your thought and feelings and emotions.

Hypo
01-11-14, 20:49
My children lost their father last year to lymphoma.

I watched him from the day of diagnosis to the day he died.

You have said nothing that sounds like lymphoma whatsoever. Nothing.

miss sparkle
01-11-14, 22:04
As for the abdominal pains, I have IBS and Crohn's and I can tell you that your stomach, bowels, colon etc can take on a life of their own when you're stressed, in reaction to adrenaline - I've had days of feeling like something (a giant snake?) was trying to fight its way out of my intestines, times when it felt like I was pregnant and a baby was kicking me, times when trapped wind has had me doubled over or on all fours panting...all harmless but deeply unpleasant!!

Im sorry i know you probably ment this serious but a smiled when i read this...thankyou :)
Had a bad day myself so nice to see the humour in things x

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Sorry i didnt put that correctly as a quote :doh:

chickpea
01-11-14, 22:19

Im sorry i know you probably ment this serious but a smiled when i read this...thankyou :)
Had a bad day myself so nice to see the humour in things x

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Sorry i didnt put that correctly as a quote :doh:

Don't worry - I was being comically dramatic when I wrote it. You have to have a sense of humour when you're on the toilet as often as I am! :roflmao:
It is all true, though - my stomach can feel like an entirely separate being when it plays up. I even took a pregnancy test recently, because it felt like I had a very wriggly baby in there, kicking its way out...and I already have 2 children, PLUS I am nearly 45!!
I hope that reassures you. :hugs:

Abarth
02-11-14, 01:22
Hi Eesh. I think that because anxiety is less tangible, you (as do most of us) are preferring not to accept it as the most probable explanation for your symptoms. The abdominal pains might not be muscular in terms of how you might identify with muscles, but they certainly sound like some form of anxiety related agitation. For sure your teeth problem will cause all manner of associated symptoms and these will be amplified simply because they eminate from your head ( i recently had the same issues). Stick with antibiotics to clear any infection. What is clear is that you do have periods of respite. At the risk of hitting this a little head on, I would suggest that the conditon you most fear would simply not allow for any respite and would have deteriorated without pharmaceutical intervention. Easy for me to say from here I know, but the probability is that the anxiety is causing and/or amplifying your symptoms. Take the scan, i am sure it will be all clear, then start working on getting out of the worry cycle. All the very best, now all I need to do is take my own advice!!!!!!

eeesh
02-11-14, 01:34
Hi Eesh. I think that because anxiety is less tangible, you (as do most of us) are preferring not to accept it as the most probable explanation for your symptoms. The abdominal pains might not be muscular in terms of how you might identify with muscles, but they certainly sound like some form of anxiety related agitation. For sure your teeth problem will cause all manner of associated symptoms and these will be amplified simply because they eminate from your head ( i recently had the same issues). Stick with antibiotics to clear any infection. What is clear is that you do have periods of respite. At the risk of hitting this a little head on, I would suggest that the conditon you most fear would simply not allow for any respite and would have deteriorated without pharmaceutical intervention. Easy for me to say from here I know, but the probability is that the anxiety is causing and/or amplifying your symptoms. Take the scan, i am sure it will be all clear, then start working on getting out of the worry cycle. All the very best, now all I need to do is take my own advice!!!!!!

Thank you for the kind words!

I have suffered with anxiety for a while. However, up until 7 weeks ago I had never experienced health anxiety. This all started with the abdominal pains 7 weeks ago, and then was amplified with the lymph swelling 3-4 weeks ago.

It really does suck! My nodes have matted together in my groin, and I know that can be a sign of malignancy. No Doc who who's examined them seems concerned (3 have), but I have read so many online accounts of doctors missing it, or saying they were benign etc, only to discover months down the line that they were wrong.

Silly thoughts. I wish I hadn't spent 6 weeks straight googling non-stop. Really, really stupid thing to have done.

Abarth
02-11-14, 01:47
No worries - Not silly thoughts at all. It's really hard to control how your brain interprets symptoms/it's environment and in our cases it goes a bit left field and out of our control!!! As I'm sure you have been advised, never google - Any online symptom checker will have you in a very poor state of health within 2 pages! sounds to me like you have this issue covered medically. Ignore the nodes and work on what the Docs say. Whilst the nodes might feel a certain way, the fact is that you don't have any associated consistent symptoms and the professionals have cleared you. Green lights all the way my friend and any scan will validate this i'm sure. All the best.

eeesh
02-11-14, 11:21
No worries - Not silly thoughts at all. It's really hard to control how your brain interprets symptoms/it's environment and in our cases it goes a bit left field and out of our control!!! As I'm sure you have been advised, never google - Any online symptom checker will have you in a very poor state of health within 2 pages! sounds to me like you have this issue covered medically. Ignore the nodes and work on what the Docs say. Whilst the nodes might feel a certain way, the fact is that you don't have any associated consistent symptoms and the professionals have cleared you. Green lights all the way my friend and any scan will validate this i'm sure. All the best.

Yes thanks! I haven't googled in 2 weeks or so, and do not intend to again. I keep thinking these stomach pains must be swollen nodes in my abdomen pushing against organs. This morning I am sure the right side of my abdomen is swollen compared to my left. I just wish i knew what was going on. Of course going for C is worst case scenario, and it didn't take much convincing. I just wish the Doctors could explain to me why I'm experiencing these symptoms.

Abarth
02-11-14, 17:14
I feel you my friend. I am having similar issues. I am getting stabbing chest pains and exhaustion. Had bloods and ecg, all clear. Even had an MRI on my back. GP believes it's costo; inflammation of the rib cartilage and tenderness of the chest muscles. The fact is that every time I feel the pain, there is an immediate panic reaction, adrenaline surges and pain manifests everywhere, blood drains from my limbs and i feel dizzy. Sound familiar??? Adrenaline will have any one of a number of unpleasant effects; pain, tenderness, burning limbs, numbness and even disorientation. As for the gastro impact, i've had swelling/bloating/inflammation all over and at one point it looked like I had a double hernia in the groin area!! However, having had a hernia op as a kid, i knew it couldnt be that. With all that going on the Doctors may not know what the exact cause is. However, and more importantly, they will know what it is not and they know what to look for. Focus on that and you will start to feel better I promise.

Liziik
02-11-14, 22:35
I have had health anxiety for 10 years never before have I worried like this!

I have never had something I can poke and see before so I'm finding it difficult to not concerntrate on it. Like you with your wisdom tooth (which could be infected if it's hurting) I want something I can say 'yeah that's why its up' but with clear blood tests etc and no obvious sign I don't know what to do. And I really don't want to bother the docs again x

eeesh
03-11-14, 11:24
I have had health anxiety for 10 years never before have I worried like this!

I have never had something I can poke and see before so I'm finding it difficult to not concerntrate on it. Like you with your wisdom tooth (which could be infected if it's hurting) I want something I can say 'yeah that's why its up' but with clear blood tests etc and no obvious sign I don't know what to do. And I really don't want to bother the docs again x

The wisdom tooth has explained the recent swelling under my jaw. However, those nodes are tender to touch and very different from the ones in my groin that initially bothered me.

I have 3 nodes swollen on either side of my groin, they are rubbery, moveable and on the right side are matted together.

No explanation for this at all. I have no virus, and no infection as indicated by blood tests and urine samples. Very frustrating and I can't seem to shake this constant niggle of thinking it's likely cancer.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

My children lost their father last year to lymphoma.

I watched him from the day of diagnosis to the day he died.

You have said nothing that sounds like lymphoma whatsoever. Nothing.

Golly I'm really sorry to hear that. That is horrible.

Liziik
03-11-14, 12:15
Eeesh how big are the nodes? APatently mine are moveable and nothing to worry about but how do I know what that means I have nothing to compare it too? Lol does that make sense? To me there hard but apparently they are not. I have them in my neck too according to the doc but I can't feel them and I have stopped touching them as it only makes me feel worse.

eeesh
03-11-14, 18:07
I am in the same situation.

Mine are moveable too. The largest is probably just over one cm in diameter, the rest are below this, but have come up signifcantly in the last 4 weeks (I previously couldn't feel them without really digging for 'em, now I can see them if I stretch myself out).

Mine feel like rubber, so I guess that means hard, but the ones that are thought to be most worrying are when they feel like stone. The doc has confirmed they are up, but has just told me to ignore them. Obviously I can't, especailly with these added niggling abdominal pains I get.

This sucks doesn't it?

Liziik
03-11-14, 19:51
It really does suck! I get so annoyed by the 'just ignore it you probably had a viral infection' well if I did wouldn't that show on the blood test?! The fear is being one of those statistics. You know 'girl goes doctors several times and now has such and such doctors didn't make right diagnosis' you know the story.

I hate hassling docs too I feel guilty for it. But what else can I do sit here miserably.
I have an appointment on the 11th so trying to hold out till then.

I got over health anxiety before. But was told I have b12 deficiency earlier this year had loads of tests endoscopy etc and waiting for results has just bought it all back. I had never diagnosed myself before though just worried. Now I literally think I have cancer. It's a different place then I was in before and I don't like it here.

eeesh
03-11-14, 22:47
It really does suck! I get so annoyed by the 'just ignore it you probably had a viral infection' well if I did wouldn't that show on the blood test?! The fear is being one of those statistics. You know 'girl goes doctors several times and now has such and such doctors didn't make right diagnosis' you know the story.

I hate hassling docs too I feel guilty for it. But what else can I do sit here miserably.
I have an appointment on the 11th so trying to hold out till then.

I got over health anxiety before. But was told I have b12 deficiency earlier this year had loads of tests endoscopy etc and waiting for results has just bought it all back. I had never diagnosed myself before though just worried. Now I literally think I have cancer. It's a different place then I was in before and I don't like it here.

Haha yes my thoughts exactly! Yes well the fear of 'being one of those statistics' has been largely caused by reading stories of those that are 'one of the statistics' - thanks google!

Yeah, well I have been to so many these past 7 weeks. Still waiting on a letter in the post regarding this ultrasound!

Today has been horrid. My jaw aches when I move it significantly and I'm worried this is due to lymph swelling. I have these abdominal pains and I keep thinking its swollen nodes in my abdomen. Whenever I get tired I wonder if its fatigue, I am scared to sleep in case I wake up covered in sweat etc etc etc.

Urgh.

eeesh
05-11-14, 14:15
Yesterday was pooey.

At one point I had such painful abdominal wind that I was screwed up on the floor, unable to move. Worried it's related. Only had this once before about 2 years ago.

AH! Just can't get this off my mind!!!

chickpea
05-11-14, 15:31
Yesterday was pooey.

At one point I had such painful abdominal wind that I was screwed up on the floor, unable to move. Worried it's related. Only had this once before about 2 years ago.

AH! Just can't get this off my mind!!!

A few weeks ago, I had blood tests because I was getting a dragging pain low down in my abdomen and lower back pain, night sweats, tiredness etc. One of the tests was the CA125 - a marker test for ovarian cancer.

In actual fact, between having the blood tests and getting the results, I started to feel better.
When I rang in for the results, the receptionist (mistakenly) told me that 2 of the results were being monitored - including the CA125. Cue absolute panic and hysterics from me and THE most horrendous abdominal pain and nausea - I was doubled up, couldn't eat, couldn't walk.
Even after the GP called me later that day to assure me that all tests were in fact normal and absolutely not being monitored, I still had the pain and nausea plus shaking for another few days - it was totally down to anxiety.

wnsos
05-11-14, 15:37
I've had this abdominal pain/wind too and it's worried me! I'm sure it's been said already but the gut is essentially our second brain and it gets messed up as easily and scares us enough to perpetuate the pain. Stomach things are definitely my trigger too.

Also eeesh, forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask or if I'm mixing up names but did I see you say you were seeing Morrissey this month? :D My fave is opening for him and I almost treated myself to tickets. You'll have to let me know how good the show is. :)

eeesh
05-11-14, 16:47
A few weeks ago, I had blood tests because I was getting a dragging pain low down in my abdomen and lower back pain, night sweats, tiredness etc. One of the tests was the CA125 - a marker test for ovarian cancer.

In actual fact, between having the blood tests and getting the results, I started to feel better.
When I rang in for the results, the receptionist (mistakenly) told me that 2 of the results were being monitored - including the CA125. Cue absolute panic and hysterics from me and THE most horrendous abdominal pain and nausea - I was doubled up, couldn't eat, couldn't walk.
Even after the GP called me later that day to assure me that all tests were in fact normal and absolutely not being monitored, I still had the pain and nausea plus shaking for another few days - it was totally down to anxiety.

Well yes I completely see what you're getting at! How awful for the receptionist to make such a stupid mistake, I would have been an absolute wreck!

Well, I abdominal weirdness was undoubtedly present 7 weeks ago. If it is still there, or purely psychological now, I do not know! Could be stress related, either way I am going cuckoo! But yeah, the wind yesterday was awful - debilitated for 20 mins or so. Actually considered calling an ambulance as I was curled up on the floor in agony. Then it started to subside and eventually I was fine again - felt similar to something I experienced 2 years ago as I said, so pretty sure it was wind. Hopefully nothing to worry about, but obviously restarts the racing mind.

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

I've had this abdominal pain/wind too and it's worried me! I'm sure it's been said already but the gut is essentially our second brain and it gets messed up as easily and scares us enough to perpetuate the pain. Stomach things are definitely my trigger too.

Also eeesh, forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask or if I'm mixing up names but did I see you say you were seeing Morrissey this month? :D My fave is opening for him and I almost treated myself to tickets. You'll have to let me know how good the show is. :)

I've never had HA before until all this stuff cropped up! Now it's all I can think about!

Haha yesss! Never seen him before but can't wait! Who's opening???

miss sparkle
05-11-14, 16:50
Ive got the abdominal pain and bad back too. Really struggling today. Had the back ache for weeks. The stomach pains for about a fortnight :(

wnsos
05-11-14, 18:57
I've never had HA before until all this stuff cropped up! Now it's all I can think about!

Haha yesss! Never seen him before but can't wait! Who's opening???

I'm so with you! I'd never even heard about it until this summer and it's quite mad how it can take over our lives, even when we're unaware we're still anxious, we are. I hope your pains get better soon, because I know they perpetuate my cycle over and over. :hugs: It's horrible to have a bad tummy.

And Anna Calvi! (http://soundcloud.com/annacalvi if you've not heard her yet) she's quite brilliant. :D

Liziik
05-11-14, 21:15
Eeesh how weird that you mention the jaw pain! I have been having it for 2 days now :/ I had it before about two years ago and now it's back! What is going on :(
Also got a sore throat the last couple of days and the nodes are still there.
Trying to remain calm is really wearing thin now :(

eeesh
05-11-14, 21:31
Eeesh how weird that you mention the jaw pain! I have been having it for 2 days now :/ I had it before about two years ago and now it's back! What is going on :(
Also got a sore throat the last couple of days and the nodes are still there.
Trying to remain calm is really wearing thin now :(

It seems to have subsided a bit. I've now realised my groin nodes have been up since the 9th October. So, it's been 4 weeks.

They haven't got bigger. But haven't go any smaller either. As said, they are rubbery and very moveable. The largest one is like a chickpea so a little over 1cm in diameter I think. I really am struggling to see how this can 'just happen' and be nothing to worry about. I'd have thought clear bloods would mean that further investigation would be needed to assess what's wrong? Surely these things don't just happen at random??

Yeah, my throat is sore too, but can attribute that to an infection in wisdom teeth on both sides of my mouth that started 6-7 days ago.

See, I don't mind if I can formulate a perfectly benign explanation for things. I can't for this though! I can only assume it's the worst. I wish the doctors had been more thorough. And I am STILL waiting on a date for this scan!

Liziik
05-11-14, 21:38
At least you will be getting a scan and then hopefully after you will be able to relax a little. I'm the same mine is under my armpit and my thoughts are litteraly 'why' if there are no reasons for it to be there then why is it?!

My health anxiety flared up about 2 months ago after I had ulcers in my nought and lumps in my mouth (that are still there) convinced myself I had oral cancer of some sort then the node arrived now I have lumps in my mouth along with nodes in my neck a sore throat and an enlarged nide under my armpit! I'm freaking out as there is just so much going on at once I cannot rationalise it. And my only thought is its the worse scenario

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Mouth for some daft reason autocorrect thinks I mean nought :/

eeesh
05-11-14, 21:42
At least you will be getting a scan and then hopefully after you will be able to relax a little. I'm the same mine is under my armpit and my thoughts are litteraly 'why' if there are no reasons for it to be there then why is it?!

My health anxiety flared up about 2 months ago after I had ulcers in my nought and lumps in my mouth (that are still there) convinced myself I had oral cancer of some sort then the node arrived now I have lumps in my mouth along with nodes in my neck a sore throat and an enlarged nide under my armpit! I'm freaking out as there is just so much going on at once I cannot rationalise it. And my only thought is its the worse scenario

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Mouth for some daft reason autocorrect thinks I mean nought :/

And now I have just seen this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=161891

And it has driven me mad. So a girl had Lymphoma and glands up in her groin for 2 years before she was even diagnosed?!?!?!

To be honest I do not know what the scan will do. If it comes back fine I will still be wondering why the nodes are up and what the heck is going on. I feel like just requesting a biopsy and going private. At least then there is no leeway. It's a yes, or a no, and I can move on. With this HA I do not think what choice I have? I have read too many accounts of people having scans and showing false negatives.

Whereas this cannot be said for biopsies...

Liziik
05-11-14, 21:47
I know what you mean I saw the thread too.
Trying not to look to much into it though as I don't know this lady or her granddaughters situation. I'm 26 so yes a massive worry!!!
The last doctor I saw said it the skin moves over the node it's bad if the node moves with the skin it's ok. Although this doesn't help us who won't listen anyway!
My boyfriend is 24 he had two nodes up about a year ago under his armpit he's very care free won't ever visit a doctor and they just went he doesn't know when because he wasn't keeping track of them.
Like you having a node in the groin and mine in the armpit I can't think of logical explanations. When you came across them were you searching for them?

eeesh
05-11-14, 21:58
I know what you mean I saw the thread too.
Trying not to look to much into it though as I don't know this lady or her granddaughters situation. I'm 26 so yes a massive worry!!!
The last doctor I saw said it the skin moves over the node it's bad if the node moves with the skin it's ok. Although this doesn't help us who won't listen anyway!
My boyfriend is 24 he had two nodes up about a year ago under his armpit he's very care free won't ever visit a doctor and they just went he doesn't know when because he wasn't keeping track of them.
Like you having a node in the groin and mine in the armpit I can't think of logical explanations. When you came across them were you searching for them?

Nope. I had a pain in my groin for about four hours prior completely out of the blue. Then I had a peep after work wondering why it was hurting and there was a single enlarged node. Then over the course of 3 days or so the others came up.

Yes, my doctor said if it is moveable it is fine also. That said, I have read so much online about not being able to tell whether a node is cancerous or not from physical exam. Mine still ache occasionally but are not painful to touch. The doc said the bad ones are usually rock hard as well, but again I have read online that that is not necessarily the case.

There are a lot of threads about lymphoma/lymph gland related stuff here today. The chances of us all having it on a Health Anxiety forum are next to none. But one of us might. I think maybe I should just ask my doctor for counselling. But then I think what if I am actually ill, and go for counselling and then it turns out I was right?

Before I can tackle this I think I've just got to have a definite explanation of this.

I wish I was like your boyfriend! I can't help but overthink everything.

But yeah, I noticed my groin nodes erupt because it hurt. If I stretch myself out the node is visible and I can see my pulse through it as it is right on top of the femoral artery. Makes me feel sick!

Liziik
05-11-14, 22:03
I wish I was like him too believe me. And it's made even worse with the fact all he says is 'don't be silly' when I'm worried.
I went to the doctors and they told me my throat was a little irratated and my glands in the neck were up I didn't think much of it and thought I was coming down with something but then out of curiosity felt my armpit and there it was and since then it's just gone from bad to worse.
It's a hot topic in this forum isn't it. Never noticed it before I started worrying about it. When I had the abdominal pain I found it easier to deal with then this. This is literally destroying me. And now with the jaw ache I'm thinking I have oral cancer that has spread to the nodes :(

eeesh
05-11-14, 22:08
I wish I was like him too believe me. And it's made even worse with the fact all he says is 'don't be silly' when I'm worried.
I went to the doctors and they told me my throat was a little irratated and my glands in the neck were up I didn't think much of it and thought I was coming down with something but then out of curiosity felt my armpit and there it was and since then it's just gone from bad to worse.
It's a hot topic in this forum isn't it. Never noticed it before I started worrying about it. When I had the abdominal pain I found it easier to deal with then this. This is literally destroying me. And now with the jaw ache I'm thinking I have oral cancer that has spread to the nodes :(

Have you asked for a doctors opinion on it since being worried?

I don't think it is unusual in after a viral infection for them to come up in the arm pits. I wish I had a virus! But I did have a low white cell count which could have indicated a prior virus? I hope so.

Liziik
05-11-14, 22:15
I didn't feel unwell though that's the thing. I was willing myself to come down with something just so I had an answer but nothing. 2 doctors have seen the node and just say it's fine. One did the blood test which was fine. And I would have thought If I had something like you my white blood cells would show. Apparently our bodies come into contact with hundreds of bugs etc each day and we just don't notice. I also have no idea how long that node has been there for. It might always have been there I don't know.
I think I may have to ring the doctors tomorrow and just say I'm not coping very well at the moment.
I just want answers but I know sometimes they just don't know.
I hate this.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

I should also add I went to the dentist too and she didn't notice anything but did say the ulcers might be down to something viral. So maybe I did have a virus with litterslly no symptoms. I didn't know that was possible x

eeesh
05-11-14, 22:33
I didn't feel unwell though that's the thing. I was willing myself to come down with something just so I had an answer but nothing. 2 doctors have seen the node and just say it's fine. One did the blood test which was fine. And I would have thought If I had something like you my white blood cells would show. Apparently our bodies come into contact with hundreds of bugs etc each day and we just don't notice. I also have no idea how long that node has been there for. It might always have been there I don't know.
I think I may have to ring the doctors tomorrow and just say I'm not coping very well at the moment.
I just want answers but I know sometimes they just don't know.
I hate this.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

I should also add I went to the dentist too and she didn't notice anything but did say the ulcers might be down to something viral. So maybe I did have a virus with litterslly no symptoms. I didn't know that was possible x

Yeah, I know loads of people can have viral things going on without realising. A clear blood test does not necessarily rule out a viral infection either, so it could be still! The ulcers would certainly suggest that anyway.

I've also got a slightly low lymphocyte count. So lymphocytes produced by lymph nodes are low? What is that supposed to mean, but again the doctors don't seem to care about it.

I badly need to stop prodding. I can feel a small pea like node in my lower neck. It's got bigger today but I have been poking like crazy. Very moveable as well. God I only get anxious about this sort of stuff at work. I handed in my notice last week, so I'm hoping this will improve once I'm gone.

Liziik
05-11-14, 22:40
It's an evil cycle. When I was at my best I was able to say things like 'well if there is something wrong there is and I will deal with it then' or 'whatever will be will be' and it was great being like that. But now it's different and my coping strategies just are not working!
Stop prodding! I hear it can make them worse! I wish I could feel a normal swollen nide so I could tell the difference. I prod my neck a lot trying to find these nodes and i can't find them. Also wondering if the jaw pain is either a) tension from clenching my jaw with stress or b)a swollen lymph node that I can't feel.

When will we learn that in all probability there is absolutely nothing wrong with us?

eeesh
05-11-14, 22:47
It's an evil cycle. When I was at my best I was able to say things like 'well if there is something wrong there is and I will deal with it then' or 'whatever will be will be' and it was great being like that. But now it's different and my coping strategies just are not working!
Stop prodding! I hear it can make them worse! I wish I could feel a normal swollen nide so I could tell the difference. I prod my neck a lot trying to find these nodes and i can't find them. Also wondering if the jaw pain is either a) tension from clenching my jaw with stress or b)a swollen lymph node that I can't feel.

When will we learn that in all probability there is absolutely nothing wrong with us?

I had a 'normal' swollen node earlier last week under my jaw because of my wisdom tooth. It was very tender to touch and soft. Basically, I couldn't play with it, because that would hurt. I had to leave it be and it went in 4 days.

I've just found a node in my neck symetrical to the one I felt earlier so that makes me feel a bit better.

Jaw pain could very likely be anxiety related. Is it that bad? Would you notice it if you weren't stressing about the nodes? I found myself getting paranoid because my jaw got a bit tired after eating - I mean that is just mental.

I can't think 'what will be will be' because there are certain possibilites that I would rather not leave be, and prospect of those make me frantic, manic and unbearable to be around. Kind of makes me wonder what the point is being alive fretting about illnesses. Even if I did die at a ripe old age, would kinda been wasted anyway!

Liziik
05-11-14, 22:54
I'm in that place at the moment feeling down as if I've wasted my life. Erm jaws not hurting now but might do in five mins lol it's difficult because sometimes it does hurt when I'm not thinking about it. All under my chin is tender too :s
Do you think its at all possible anxiety is keeping the glands around? I know if I think hard enough about getting a headache I will get one. It's crazy isn't it.

I'm dreading ringing the doctors tomorrow and just feeling like I'm wasting their time again. But I can't carry on even if it is nothing to worry about its making me miserable.

Oh and I put the jaw down to anxiety as I have had it before a couple of years ago so thought maybe it was and apparently I grind my teeth in my sleep x

GirlAfraid23
05-11-14, 23:01
I'm in the same position as you've probably seen my post :( can't sleep tonight wither and have work tomorrow at 7:30am :( x

eeesh
05-11-14, 23:05
I'm in that place at the moment feeling down as if I've wasted my life. Erm jaws not hurting now but might do in five mins lol it's difficult because sometimes it does hurt when I'm not thinking about it. All under my chin is tender too :s
Do you think its at all possible anxiety is keeping the glands around? I know if I think hard enough about getting a headache I will get one. It's crazy isn't it.

I'm dreading ringing the doctors tomorrow and just feeling like I'm wasting their time again. But I can't carry on even if it is nothing to worry about its making me miserable.

Oh and I put the jaw down to anxiety as I have had it before a couple of years ago so thought maybe it was and apparently I grind my teeth in my sleep x

I don't see how it could be? Perhaps in the sense that if we play with them they will persist? Maybe if I had never touched them they would no longer be there. But surely touching them would make them inflamed, and thus tender to touch? This isn't the case!

Just do it. I've been 7 times in 7 weeks! Mad!

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

I'm in the same position as you've probably seen my post :( can't sleep tonight wither and have work tomorrow at 7:30am :( x

Heya.

It's such a common HA trigger. Just try and remember that we're all nuts!

Liziik
05-11-14, 23:09
Do you think its a common ha thing because swollen glands at are common?

Just curious :)

And I don't know I just know the mind is powerful. Do you have any other skin problems I have a few cysts and suffer terribly with boils (disgusting I know) but I always wonder if it could all be connected. Well for me anyway.

And although I wouldn't wish health anxiety on my worst enemy its nice to know I'm not alone in my crazy fears.

eeesh
05-11-14, 23:19
Do you think its a common ha thing because swollen glands at are common?

Just curious :)

And I don't know I just know the mind is powerful. Do you have any other skin problems I have a few cysts and suffer terribly with boils (disgusting I know) but I always wonder if it could all be connected. Well for me anyway.

And although I wouldn't wish health anxiety on my worst enemy its nice to know I'm not alone in my crazy fears.

Yeah I do. In the same way brain tumour anxiety is very common due to people getting headaches, and skin cancer fears because everyone gets moles.

Everytime I have a virus my glands swell like crazy in my neck. Just never ever ever before in my groin.

No I don't really have any skin issues at all, but yeah boils could well explain it. Especially if one got infected or something. The groin nodes are weird because they filter everything from the waist down. I cannot think what could be wrong? I have done an STI test for the basic stuff and thats all clear.

I think I will wait until the scan, and then request for a biopsy.

Liziik
07-11-14, 11:34
Hey
How are you doing? Just thought I would check in and see how you are. My nose under my arm has got bigger/painful and the area is red. No idea what that means and trying my hardest not to google :( this sucks. Have a docs appointment Tuesday trying to hold out till then it's proving difficult. Hope you are ok.

feew
18-11-14, 11:19
Hey Eeesh,

I am 23 years old and I have very similar symptoms. I got myself into a Health Anxiety loop for about 3 months now. I also feel a few lymph nodes on both sides of groin and my GP noticed that I have visited him about 4 or 5 times in the past few months and he can feel that I am anxious so he sent me to have an ultrasound in that area. Google did not help me at all of course and I am trying my best not to search anything health related. I think that it is great we can talk to each other here about our similar problems. Hope everything is going well and that you are able to manage the anxiety. Let us know on the forum if you get any final and conclusive results.

eeesh
18-11-14, 16:30
Hey Eeesh,

I am 23 years old and I have very similar symptoms. I got myself into a Health Anxiety loop for about 3 months now. I also feel a few lymph nodes on both sides of groin and my GP noticed that I have visited him about 4 or 5 times in the past few months and he can feel that I am anxious so he sent me to have an ultrasound in that area. Google did not help me at all of course and I am trying my best not to search anything health related. I think that it is great we can talk to each other here about our similar problems. Hope everything is going well and that you are able to manage the anxiety. Let us know on the forum if you get any final and conclusive results.

Hey man!

Cool to know you're in a similar situation. Well, not cool, but you get the idea! When is your ultrasound scan, mate? And how did ya notice the nodes? Mine are still up but I've been a lot calmer lately. The nodes in my groin don't hurt anymore, because I haven't felt them in the few days. Now I'm in the habit of not touching them it's got easier. The ones in my lower neck hurt, but that's because I kept feeling for them neurotically. I do not think these were ever enlarged (they're about pea-sized), but all this feelings has aggravated them. My advice is to not touch them and forget about it. Although I still get momentary panics about it. I'm back in the gym which has helped a tonne.

Ultrasound is on the 26th so will update you!