PDA

View Full Version : He's in jail! What do I do :(

Panic emily
30-10-14, 16:29
Hi so typically I don't write about my personal life. I have been great with my anxiety I have not been on this site for months! But something awful happened and it's hard to talk to family and friends because they just don't get it. My husband and father of my 2 yr old son went to jail yesterday (fraud related) he was struggling with addiction to prescription drugs and did some things I'm not happy with. He is going in for a long time, here's the tuff part he was always here everytime I had anxiety he was here now I'm stuck alone! Taking care of my son with extreme panic attacks it feels Awful I get anxiety going places alone and now I have no choice but to do everything alone! My son is constantly asking where his father is he's only two so doesn't even really understand what's going on. This is scary and I just don't know what to do! Oh I'm a social worker and a drug counsellor so of course on top of that so I'm having trouble even looking for a job because if I can't control myself and even help my own husband how the Frick can I help others... Just feeling overwhelmed sorry about the rant.

MissLady83
31-10-14, 00:51
It's going to be an overwhelming feeling with him going to jail and also if he was the person who helped you through your hard times. Confine in friends about your emotions regarding this hard situation and try to stay strong for your son. I know it's easy for me to say, but he will need you to be there for him.

Big hugs

MyNameIsTerry
31-10-14, 02:00
Is there any occupational support that can help you given your profession?

Don't put yourself down, regardless of how good anybody is, it doesn't mean we can help everyone and if anything a personal connection can add more pressure to a relationship that would normally have some professional boundaries.

I used to attend walk-in sessions at a local charity. They also ran courses based on CBT. The charity was set up by ex sufferers and is fully staffed by volunteers who are either ex sufferers or current sufferers. They do a great job and they do help a lot of people yet have their own anxiety to deal with...so doesn't that show that you can still help people?

Panic emily
21-11-14, 02:37
Thank you for the kind words guys, I'm really doing much better I'm suffering from a bit of what I could only guess is a new fear of not ring able to leave the house without feeling extremely fatigue. Hopefully I can concur that soon so I can go out and look for a job! I really appreciate what you both have said :)