PDA

View Full Version : dizzy turn while eating

fed up with it
02-01-07, 17:31
Hi, since having the kids my anxiety symptoms etc, and alot worse that before, i used to get really faint/dizzy when sitting down to dinner whether i eat at the table or on the sofa, eventually it started to go, and was always with a big hot meal, tonight while eating a roast, i felt a bad vertigo shift as i call it it seems like i wizz out of my body for a few seconds and it fightens me, what is it? i have only come up with is it because i am taking in more air while eating the dinner as its hot? and i eat it too quick maybe, HELP?

carol xx

ceecee
02-01-07, 17:59
hi yes i think its because toy are eating.i,m sure i seen this on a documentry once (i used to watch all sorts of medical things before i got my health anxiety!!!!!could,nt watch them now though)and its to do with oxygen levels changing,its quite normal apparently.
take care
hope it helps
rach x

Wenjoy
03-01-07, 07:44
HI - I get this sometimes - i think its coz we breathe differently when w are trying to chew our food and eat and swallow - I know I make myself dizzy sometimes when I eat coz i rush swallowing food so I can breathe again and it all goes wonky!! silly really coz the body knows how to breathe,eat,sleep etc so we should try let it do its thing but its not easy"!!! Wenjoy x