View Full Version : Heart Worries. Cant seem to shake this off...

Natalie x
30-10-14, 19:43
Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've been having some troubles over worries about my heart. My health anxiety has come back with a vengeance and I'm struggling a bit again. My recent worries have been over my heart. It all started with a pain in my left arm. I have a tendency to tense my left arm up which then creates pain and makes me panic. I then began to feel as though something was lodged in my throat and I couldn't breathe properly. This led to many different worries such as heart attacks and I have been continually taking my pulse every time I feel this happening.

For some time today I've had the same feeling in my arm but I realized at several points throughout the day that my shoulders were raised and I was tensing the left side again. My arm now feels a bit heavy and yip, you guessed it, here I go again panicking.

I heard something on the news a few weeks ago which scared me and I seem to have been panicking since then. I'm really scared this is something sinister and what if I'm just shrugging it off as anxiety. I'm getting to the stage where I'm scared to go places as Ipanic aand also to be in on my own. I feel I'm constantly worrying and that everyday there is something else to worry about.

Has anyone had similar experiences or thoughts that can help? It would be much appreciated. I just want to feel normal again and let go of all this anxiety. Its taking over my life again x

mummyanxious
30-10-14, 22:38
Being honest? You just said why the pain in the arm happens. Been there done that so I know you're right there. And the lump in the throat is classic anxiety. I would be very surprised if it turned out to be anything sinister x