PDA

View Full Version : dvt? Muscle? Being stupid?

RyanM1994
30-10-14, 21:36
Hello, so yesterday after having a stressful day at work and being sat down all day my left leg started having pains in the calf muscle. I decided to leave it and push the worry to the back of my mind.

Today after work, where I have been moving about at least every 2-3hours and have been moving my legs all the time at my desk, I have developed further pains that radiate all the way up my leg, through my calf and thigh, and also a significant pain in the part behind my knee (but only started after reading something on a panic forum).

As I'm typing this a pain is also moving slowly along my leg towards my hip, Is really strange.

I can't work out if I have any swelling, and I don't believe I have any redness.

The pains worrying me and is significant enough to pull my concentration no matter how much I fight the thoughts.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm 20, overweight (considered obese I think) have slightly high blood pressure and cholesterol. I sit down for most. Of. The day as my job is IT/desk based but I try to. Move about as much as possible.

Sorry guys, keep letting myself down but I am tryimg to control this and I. Am getting there.

Thank you for helping me yet again

heavythinker
30-10-14, 21:41
Personally I would go to A&E and get it checked out
Could be a strain etc but better to be safe than sorry
If they suspect a DVT they can inject you with anti coagulant which means you won't be in danger if it is a clot

RyanM1994
01-11-14, 14:55
Hey, sorry for the delay in replying.
I went to the out of hours primary care provider.
She measured my legs and they were the same size, they went hot or red.

Does this mean I don't have a clot? She said I shouldn't worry but I still am because of the pain/twitching.

Not sure what to do next. Just don't want to be the one time that a doctor gets it wrong.

Any suggestions? Should I just leave it? It doesn't seem to hurt much when I walk unless I straighten my leg completely.

Pushing my toes towards me with my leg straight doesn't produce pain either