PDA

View Full Version : Please help: i really really need some support tonight

IrishLondon
30-10-14, 22:57
Hi everyone

I've worked myself up into such an awful state - I broke down in tears at work today and a colleague had to take me to a meeting took. A grown man crying in work, i'm not proud.

Anyway, for the past few days I've developed awful aching, burning and prickling in my legs. It has stopped me from sleeping. I stupidly google-ed and I'm now obsessed with the fact that I have restless leg syndrome - and I've read some horror stories on support groups that it just keeps getting worse and has ruined people's lives.

The thing is I know anxiety can cause muscle aches and tingling - but my mind is going crazy with the fact that i might be in pain and not able to sleep as I get older.

Am I being totally irrational?

I'm really sorry for the long message
Ryan

jintty
30-10-14, 23:04
Hey Ryan I hope your ok now I've had that tingling in all parts of my body before to on Tuesday at work I cried all day so embarrassed I work with young people and they were looking at me like I was crazy but today is better so I hope you feel better soon I think it's all anxiety I can talk myself into anything but it's hard to talk myself back out of it hugs x

IrishLondon
31-10-14, 03:17
Thanks for your response - i really really appreciate it.

Yes i'm the same...i've had anxiety for five years and every new symptom that comes along - i read something on the internet and i'm absolutely convinced i have it. I just wish my brain could switch off and stop focussing on these sensations so much. :(

---------- Post added 31-10-14 at 03:17 ---------- Previous post was 30-10-14 at 23:28 ----------

I'm sorry for posting again but i'm in such a bad way tonight and I don't know what to do :( i can't sleep, i feel so agitated and restless. i feel i'm going mad.