PDA

View Full Version : lump on collarbone

crinkle
31-10-14, 12:18
Hi I'm new here so hopefully getting this right. I'm 35 years old woman. Suffer with anxiety and and off but 2 weeks ago found lump on my left hand side collarbone. Went to gp who couldn't feel anything and then when I went to show her she couldn't find it either. She said didn't seem anything to worry about if it was hard to find and had to go looking for. Have been so upset though thinking something is wrong. Went to feel again this morning and felt it again. Really worried something is wrong. Have an infected tooth on that side too so hoping it is just a swollen lymph ode from the tooth. Has anyone any experience with this. Please help.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Someone please. Just googling and says always suggests cancer but don't know if I'm googling wrong place.

nomorepanic
31-10-14, 12:22
Sounds like a lymph node cos of the infection and it will go down in time

crinkle
31-10-14, 12:35
But how do you know when something is wrong and something is the anxiety instead.

nomorepanic
31-10-14, 12:38
Well it is not anxiety causing this

crinkle
31-10-14, 13:07
So you think something is wrong then.

chickpea
31-10-14, 13:57
I think Nicola is saying that the lump you can feel is caused by your infected tooth, NOT anxiety.
Obviously, you are feeling anxious.

crinkle
31-10-14, 14:01
Yes sorry am totally anxious and in a flap. Gosh this is hard. Wish didn't worry about stuff like this.

chickpea
31-10-14, 14:04
How about choosing not to worry about it?
Let the worrying thoughts come but don't engage with them - let them float past.

Fishmanpa
31-10-14, 15:54
A doctor couldn't feel it even when you pointed to exactly where it was? Seems to me it would be nothing then.

Positive thoughts

YellowBananas
01-11-14, 07:42
Hi I'm new here so hopefully getting this right. I'm 35 years old woman. Suffer with anxiety and and off but 2 weeks ago found lump on my left hand side collarbone. Went to gp who couldn't feel anything and then when I went to show her she couldn't find it either. She said didn't seem anything to worry about if it was hard to find and had to go looking for. Have been so upset though thinking something is wrong. Went to feel again this morning and felt it again. Really worried something is wrong. Have an infected tooth on that side too so hoping it is just a swollen lymph ode from the tooth. Has anyone any experience with this. Please help.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Someone please. Just googling and says always suggests cancer but don't know if I'm googling wrong place.

If the lump is no longer there and your doctor couldn't see it I would say that it's a good sign that it's nothing serious.

If the lump comes up again I would get it check out.
But like others have said it could just be a lymph node swelling cause of the infection.

crinkle
01-11-14, 08:37
Thanks everyone. No I had searched yesterday and the lump is still there although when I went to show it to my mum I couldn't find it again. I still have the infected tooth. Would you go back to doctor. I think I have been feeling pains chest and back too and light headed but presume it from my anxiety rather than anything. Also when I pull my eyes down they look a bit pale but I suppose at most could be aemanic. But it doesn't help and stop you worrying it's not sinister. Would you return to gp again.

YellowBananas
01-11-14, 10:28
Thanks everyone. No I had searched yesterday and the lump is still there although when I went to show it to my mum I couldn't find it again. I still have the infected tooth. Would you go back to doctor. I think I have been feeling pains chest and back too and light headed but presume it from my anxiety rather than anything. Also when I pull my eyes down they look a bit pale but I suppose at most could be aemanic. But it doesn't help and stop you worrying it's not sinister. Would you return to gp again.

The chest pains and light headedness could well be down to the anxiety.
If I was you I would concentrate more on getting this infected tooth sorted out before worrying about the lump.

once the infection has been cured you will probably find the lump dissappears too if it was a lymph node causing the lump.

Being as you say you keep noticing this lump could you let us know how big it is and where abouts on your collarbone is it appearing.

crinkle
04-11-14, 16:58
Had been thinking I was going crazy thought I couldn't feel the lump anyway but felt it again today and I'm so stressed. I have app tomorrow to get it checked again as I'm so scared. I'm feeling tender under arms and other weird feelings and Light headed and I'm worried stiff. The lump is about pea sizes and is middle of collar bone area and seems moveable. Has anyone gone through similar and turned out ok.

stu78
06-11-14, 14:03
hi,I have just felt the same thing in roughly the same spot,a bit down my neck above me collar bone,and funnily enough about four months ago I had a tooth infection and abcess,they gave me antibiotics to take the swelling down,and it did,but they told me get tooth taken out,and this many months down the line I still havent and my gums are sore and hurt to touch,so what I'm getting is I imagine mine and yours is due to this in infection in our mouths

crinkle
07-11-14, 21:41
Oh god I'm in a spin. I've got my blood test done at the docs cos I was worried but this eevening have noticed kinda like blood spots on the leg. I can't remember if I had the before or if they just came up and Google and it said it was a sign of cancers and I'm terrified. I'm really scared there is something wrong with me. I keep thinking I'm feeling itchy and light headed and now these spots and I'm convinced something is wrong. I have to wait for my blood tests results. Can someone please help calm me down.

els83
21-10-15, 12:13
How did you get on Crinkle?