PDA

View Full Version : really scared of magical thinking ocd

scaredgirl86
31-10-14, 16:58
I tried by my magical thinking ocd is so bad. I'm terrified of all my thoughts, all i want to do is sleep to stop the thoughts. I cannot listen to music in fear i will get a disease or someone i care for will get a disease or an accident,i'm scared of colors like pink and blue the color of the ribbons for cancer. I also have thoughts in my head about wishing things that aren't true i'm scared my thoughts will cause disease. I also worry that i could predict things, like i have a song stuck in my head that scares me i will hear it, or if i think of someone from the past i haven't seen and then i see them are these just coincidences? I always know deep down these things aren't true but these thoughts are taking over and ruining everything i really need advice, please answer it's too much

MyNameIsTerry
13-11-14, 07:40
Do you have another underlying anxiety disorder such as GAD? I have GAD & OCD, including Magical Thinking OCD, and I've always found that when the GAD gets intense, the OCD gets worse with it. When the GAD dies down, I can tackle the OCD more. I found I had to calm down the GAD to resolve a lot of the OCD issues in the end because I couldn't tackle them in a direct way because this was just driving them.

I think when OCD gets to this point where your mind is racing like this, you need to use methods that are aimed at giving your mind a break. For me, Mindfulness did this. Have you come across it? There are some free resources out there than you can try.

Also, relaxation techniques and distraction techniques can help because they force you to use your mind to concentrate on parts of the body, bodily functions in operation or other objects. This can break the pattern of the thoughts as well and its a quick thing to access but the longer strategy is Mindfulness which is much more powerful than these techniques.

kristaok
30-11-14, 14:55
I used to suffer from something similar, I know how hard it is. Just know that you can't will harm on someone, do your best to refute any negative thought with a positive one.