PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Hemmorages Black lines under nails READ!

Tripper
01-11-14, 03:38
A little over a year ago I noticed a black line very small at the end of my right pinky nail it looked just like a splinter of wood that was imbedded under the nail..I couldn't recall any splinter getting under my nail and it would not wash off no matter what so I began to wonder ..so I turned to google and the mayo clinic and found this could be a Splinter hemmorrage which can caused by a number of horrible things as we all know ...anyhow I then began scanning my nails and found a couple more small ones on different fingers and ended up in the Emergency room in a panic. They did regular blood tests and checked my heart function EKG and the Heart attack blood work up . and sent me home this was not good enough for me so I seen my regular Dr who said he was not worried about these things that were appearing on every nail even toenails now. I pressed harder and got him to send me to a dermatologist for evaluation ...I seen the dermatologist and immediately he said yes you are correct these are splinter Hemmorages and sent me for a barrage of tests ...Heart Echocardiogram Blood Cultures ANA Urine tests Trichinosis and CBC and many more ...ALL tests came back perfectly normal . I was not satisfied I wanted answers .. I ran from emergency room to emergency room day after day thinking I had Endocarditis or blood cancer or lupus or Hughes or some kind of auto immune disease ...everytime I went in they would do blood work look at my nails do chest x rays and say I was fine ...I changed doctors and got the new one to run all kinds of tests on me all came back normal ...
But I was still getting them on my fingernails and toenails ..still do ..I have a total of 7 right now ...they tried to say trauma ...but I rested my hands didn't use them for anything strenuous at ALL for a week and still new ones came on my toes too...anyways ...I have had every single test you could ever have for these and seen over 20 different drs and everyone of them said nothing is wrong ...seen another dermatologist nothing wrong ..seen a neurologist nothing wrong ...seen a hematologist nothing wrong..

So allllllllll the crap on the internet that says OH MY GOD YOUR GOING TO DIE IF YOU HAVE SPLINTER HEMMORAGES IS COMPLETE GARBAGE ...I am living proof that you can develop them for NO SERIOUS REASON AT ALL

Tripper
01-11-14, 04:06
Thank you for your reply ...no I'm not overweight and do not have high cholesterol had that test too :) my post above is only to hopefully reassure folks that just cause they have them does not mean they are going to die or that they are from anything serious ...and can be idiopathic and benign :)

ScaredLizard
01-11-14, 13:08
They can be a symptom of Reynaud's which is when you are cold or stressed your feet and hands get reduced blood flow and get cold and can turn purple. I have them from that.

venusbluejeans
01-11-14, 13:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.