PDA

View Full Version : pulse rate

julia22
01-11-14, 04:47
Hi I have posted before regarding other things but this time ive just taken my BP and its good 117/74 but ive got a pulse of 123 my pulse has never been over 102 now im worried. Could 3 days on Mirtazapine be causing this. Ive taken my pulse when anxious and doesnt go above 112 im getting really worried now.

mummyanxious
01-11-14, 07:11
I had changes in BP and pulse with mertazapine. Because I felt so tired and spacey on it very time I stood up my heart would race and my BP shoot up.

julia22
01-11-14, 09:00
Yea pulse fast all day. I feel like im tipsy i really dont like it and im really scared of these fealings

mummyanxious
01-11-14, 10:21
Completely normal to feel 'drunk'. Apparently it calms down after a whole and it's a very mild AD.

jonjones
01-11-14, 12:31
Hey,

Feeling anxious causes adrenaline to speed up the heart rate and the more you worry abut it the more it speeds up.

A healthy heart can beat up to 200 beats a minute for days and come to no harm.

I used to get palpitations a lot so I know how annoying it can be to feel it thumping aginst your chest etc.

But its nothing to worry about. Get it checked out by your doctor to be safe of course. But 99.99 time out of ten anxiety sufferers have this because of anxiety exciting their nervous system!

Best,

Jon