PDA

View Full Version : lump in jaw... Really scared

Autumn18
01-11-14, 12:05
I have small lump just under my jawline to the side of my chin.... I think its been there ages but never paid any attention to it. I'm really worried, could it be sinister? If yes then would it get bigger?

I didn't even know what a lymph node was until I started reading this site. worried :weep:

eeesh
01-11-14, 12:19
Probably a lymph node. Most people can feel them if they dig about.

Autumn18
01-11-14, 13:59
Thanks for the reply. But why would it be there other than something really bad? I haven't been ill recently.

eeesh
01-11-14, 14:36
Thanks for the reply. But why would it be there other than something really bad? I haven't been ill recently.

I am currently going through a lymph node panic myself.

Buuut,

If it's a small as you described, it wouldn't even be considered swollen. It's just there. Prodding it will make it inflamed and thus it may swell a bit so leave it alone.

You could have had a cold months ago, and it became swollen in response, only you weren't prodding so you didn't notice. Could be any number of things.

Everyone has them. Only I have about 6-7 in my groin.

Autumn18
02-11-14, 09:48
That's again. I've just read through your thread and can see how much you're struggling at the moment.
I asked my mum to look at it last night and she said to get it checked which has worried me more! I'm am so exhausted and my body aches.... and I'm starting to wonder if all my symptoms are related to this.
It's taking every ounce of my energy to not Google!!

RachyPop19
03-11-14, 16:19
Hi, I have a little cyst in the area you are describing...Ive had it for years and it moves around my jawline its completely harmless though. I do find though the more i prod lumps in that area it starts hurting and the more i look for something the more i feel exhausted and body aches due to stressing out and constantly being tensed up. Hope you get your problem resolved x