PDA

View Full Version : MY HOLIDAY DIARY!!

pips
27-08-04, 12:28
Hi all, :)

Firstly I appologise for the length of the post! [|)]

I thought I would tell you about my trip to Canada! ;)

Firstly after travelling 16000 miles from start to finish (door to door). I need another holiday to recouperate after all that travelling lark! LOL[Ugh] [xx(].

Anyway although I made i through the holiday. Unfortunately it didn't all go plain sailing (or flying! [Oops!]) There were quite a few panic & anxiety blips along the way!!! [No] [V]

First one starting with the aeroplane (or lack of!) We had to change at Washington to join a connecting flight to Toronto. You would think this would be simple esp as Toronto was only a hour fight away! [No] all flights to Toronto with our airline was delayed loads then finally all cancelled! :( We ended up being stuck at this airport for 24hrs! ARRGHH! With no money (we only had canadian dollers) No hotel food or drink offered we had to sleep on the airport floor :( Luckly we met up with others who were doing the same touring holiday so we all stuck together & made the best of it! The airport blamed the weather (hurricanes in Florida) but 2 aircraft still flew to Orlando!!! and another company flew 2 flights to Toronto!!!! so that was just a c**p excuse!! I think it was due to lack of crew!

After that disaster we finally made it to Toronto a day and a half late! Thus spoiling & missing parts of the tour! :( We managed to cope & get on with the tour though which was 3 days 2 nights aboard a train then a coach the rest of the way through to Vancover stopping of along the way.

All ok till I joined the train. Even though the train was fine! Major panic and anxiety struck when all the doors on the train shut and I realised although air conditioned. I could not open any windows to get any outside air. Also I could not get off when I felt like it! Since my Panic/anxiety I have become exstremely claustrophobic so I felt so totally trapped [xx(] and anxious the whole time [Oops!]. I did cope though although badly at times! [V] The train did stop for about 20 mins once a day & I was the first one off when it did stop!LOL.

After surviving the train thing[Yeah!] things got better. Well this is supposed to be a success story! [Oops!] LOL! We saw some absolutely amazing scenery and went on some fabulous trips. [Wow!] :D I am glad I did it although there were times I wanted to run back home!

Anway I am so sorry for waffaling loads. I just wanted to post this and maybe it might help to see how you do cope when put it some bad situations! [}:)] You can do it! It just takes a hell of alot of strength and I can't tell you how many bottles of Rescue Remedy I drank and how many brown paper bags I went through to help my breathing! What a sight I must have looked! [8)] [Duh!] LOL!

Now back home my anxiety is no easier and I am getting worked up about going back to work now [Duh!] Always something to worry about! Can't win hey! ;)

I hope you are all well! :)

Take good care all. ;)

Loadsa Love PIP'S XX [:X]

sal
27-08-04, 13:04
Hi Pips

Well done you did it and sounded to have a good time.

Wow stuck on a train for so long i am well impressed and like you say you had some anxious moments but at the end of it all you coped and did really well.

Sorry about the delay that must have dampened the start of the holiday.

I have been dying to hear how it went, was just thinking about you yesterday and realised the 2 weeks have flown by.

I am back to work next week after two weeks of and it is awful going back and you do start to get anxious, that is quite normal for us lot!!!

I am so pleased you had a good holiday, you must be well pleased with yourself for what you have achieved. Nothing can hold you back now, all the PMT you must have gained.

Speak soon hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
29-08-04, 01:15
[Wow!] Well done!! A trip to Canada - you should be well proud of yourself!!

Sarah :D

grace
29-08-04, 10:48
hi pips,
sorry to hear about your awful journey but well done for doing it and coping so well. i bet your proud of yourself now... you should be. glad that you had a good time

xxx grace

its better by far at the rainbows end
to find not gold but the love of a friend.

nomorepanic
29-08-04, 13:09
Hiya Pips and welcome back!!

Blimey you did so well on holiday. Don't think I would have liked the train either - the thought of not being able to get off or open the windows must have been scary.

But you stayed on it - you did well and you coped so well done for that.

Bet you are ready for a nice relax now that you are back!

Take care ok?

xxx

Nicola

jo-jo
29-08-04, 17:20
Hiya Pips

Great to hear you're back home OK and that you survived and even enjoyed at least some of your trip to Canada. Sounds like you had some pretty nasty ordeals on the way which would have thrown me into a complete panic, but you got through them, coped admirably and still managed to have some fun. What a great achievement [^]:D.

Try not to worry too much about going back to work, its always hard after you've been away and especially when you feel like you need a few extra days to recover, but you'll soon be back in your routine and things will settle down for you really quickly.

Take care hon, lots of love Jo xxx

pips
30-08-04, 13:46
Thank you kindly :DSal, :) Sarah, :)Grace, :)Nic :) and Jo,:) for all your lovely replies. You are all so kind and it's great to be in touch with such a fab bunch of people!

I hope you are all well [}:)]

Take good care [:P]

Thanks again

Loadsa Love

PIP'S XX[:X]

jill
12-09-04, 21:49
Hi Pips

Just want to say well done.

Jill:D

pips
13-09-04, 17:07
Thank's Jill [:I]

Thats's really nice of you! [Yeah!] [^]

I hope all is well with you.

Take Care ;)

Love PIP'S :D

sal
14-09-04, 01:22
Hi Pips

We are not only proud of you but we are jealous of your holiday!!! LOL

You could have taken me you know, i wouldnt have minded but just panicked all the way LOL

Pleased you are back at work and it is going ok hon.

Love Sal xxxxx