PDA

View Full Version : Blood in poo, help!

farfaraway
01-11-14, 19:07
Every time I go to poop, it looks like there's blood IN the poop. I often get constipated due to my poor diet, which can cause me to bleed a little, but this is different. As opposed to me bleeding, it looks like the blood is directly within the poop itself - I can't explain it without sounding gross, sorry. But there's NOT a lot of it. This also seems to be accompanied by white stuff that looks like mucus - which there is also not a lot of.

The problem is, I don't have any other symptoms. I've had a look on the NHS websites and gone through all the symptoms - I have no pain, discomfort, or anything. In fact, I feel perfectly normal! I have excellent hygiene (probably an invalid point) but just putting that out there lol.

I take Propranalol for anxiety and apparently one of the side effects is gastrointestinal problems. But I've been on them for over a year and I've never had any side effects, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I don't take any other medication apart from that, and I haven't had any major diet alterations either.

TL;DR Every time I poop, it looks like there's blood in the stool... like, actually PART of it. It also looks like there's some white stuff (mucus?) Any ideas what that is?

Opal2
14-11-14, 09:15
I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet.
I have heard of people starting to get side effects from medication they've been on a long time, so that might be a possibility.
As it's every time though, and you're really worried about it, why not see your doctor so you can get a sample analysed. There's probably quite s simple explanation, and it would put your mind at rest.

lior
14-11-14, 09:29
Whenever I've looked up poo related stuff on the internet, it always says go to your doctor if there is blood in your stool.

Get thee to a doctor! Don't worry about what it might be from, just tell them all the symptoms and they will work it out for you.

nomorepanic
14-11-14, 11:50
The member that posted this has not been back since so may not see any replies

farfaraway
16-11-14, 23:08
Thanks guys, I've just seen the replies. The issue seemed to be related to constipation :/ I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow relating to the same thing, as I've had further troubles. Really hoping I can get this sorted out! Appreciate the replies :)

oldnews
09-12-14, 20:51
Hi. How are you now?