PDA

View Full Version : Feel i need to call the doctor - anxiety overwhelming me

IrishLondon
01-11-14, 19:27
Hi,

I'm so sorry for posting again - my anxiety is completely overwhelming me this evening. I can't sleep, i can't eat - I can't even sit or lie down as i get restless and agitated. I don't know what to do - do i call a doctor? I don't know, i feel like i'm going crazy.

Beckie4567
01-11-14, 21:11
Calm down here if u wana chat x

chickpea
01-11-14, 21:34
Ok, here's what you can try.
Pace. Actually stomp up and down the stairs, in and out of every room in your house. It works by burning off the adrenaline in your system (in other words, it satisfies your "flight" urge). Do it until you can feel yourself calming down. I promise it works - I've done it when my anxiety was through the roof and it was really effective.

The other thing to try is to keep telling yourself there is no monster, nothing waiting to happen - it is just you and your adrenaline. Try to really think this - it takes the fear away. You need to believe you aren't waiting for something awful to happen to you - it's just chemicals. Don't try to control it or fight it, just let it happen.

MrFriday
01-11-14, 22:51
I think you should exercise. Walk up and down the stairs until you have relaxed.

chickpea
02-11-14, 10:18
How are you today, IrishLondon?

IrishLondon
03-11-14, 21:12
Hey everyone. I'm sorry I wrote another post and was looking at that one and didn't see your responses. Thank you so much for your advice. I'm a little better tonight and I'm going to try out the tips you've given me. Thanks again everyone x

chickpea
03-11-14, 22:17
Hey everyone. I'm sorry I wrote another post and was looking at that one and didn't see your responses. Thank you so much for your advice. I'm a little better tonight and I'm going to try out the tips you've given me. Thanks again everyone x

Even little better is a step on the road to recovery - well done!
Hopefully, you've realised that no matter how bad you feel, no harm will come to you - you got through it!

IrishLondon
03-11-14, 22:20
I don't know chickpea. This feeling of agitation has overwhelmed me in the past half hour. I called the doc today and all she said was take more of my medicine. I feel so lost. I'm sorry for moaning.

chickpea
04-11-14, 10:08
I don't know chickpea. This feeling of agitation has overwhelmed me in the past half hour. I called the doc today and all she said was take more of my medicine. I feel so lost. I'm sorry for moaning.

You're not moaning.
It's totally normal to want to react to feelings of anxiety and agitation - the flight part of things. The trouble is, if you do flee, you never get to realise that there's nothing to flee from.
Keep telling yourself that this is just physical sensations, not harmful (but not pleasant) and it will pass.