PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Shiloh
02-01-07, 21:03
Hi

I've just been to my doctor today having suffered from panic attacks for two years. Thing is I didn't know what they were and assumed they were hypo episodes as I'm also diabetic. My old doctor (and he was too, he retired three months ago) agreed that my symptoms were consistent with hypoglycemia. I put it down to too much booze the night before and it really scared the poop out of me. Imagine a raging hangover combined with a panic attack in the middle of a busy shopping centre! My new doctor (very nice) very quickly picked up the ball and I filled out the sheet to determine if I am anxious or depressed. Turns out I'm really anxious (no kidding) and he's prescribed a beta blocker to start off with and they seem to work. My attacks are not frequent usually but over the Yule period I had three including one before going to the surgery today. The thing is I hardly drank at all over the holiday season, due to being the family taxi driver and the attacks hit me anyway!

Anyway, I would just like to say this site is brilliant and just what I needed to convince myself I'm not going mad. I don't usually join forums even though I work in IT perhaps it's because I'm a Macintosh tech, but this site really was there for me when I needed it most! Thank you very much. :)

trac67
02-01-07, 21:06
Hi,

welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

nomorepanic
02-01-07, 21:18
Chris

Hi there and a warm welcome aboard. Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

kittykat
02-01-07, 21:27
Hi there Chris,

Welcome to the site , you'll find it a great help i'm sure as i have.

Take care

shirley xx

xBettyBoopx
02-01-07, 22:38
Hi Chris

Welcome, welcome, I am new here too. I hope you find the site helpful.

Take care

Elspeth
;)

manmoor
02-01-07, 23:34
Hi Chris,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

tam
03-01-07, 00:16
hi chris welcome so glad the meds are working and helping you.you will get loads of help and advice here.tc tracy