01-11-14, 23:47
Did u have yours after a uti ? How long did it take to go x

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Anyone else guys thanks x

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

Bump

nomorepanic
02-11-14, 00:01
Why don't you go back and see the doctor and ask about it.

It could be an over-active bladder

Beckie4567
02-11-14, 08:00
How long dos that last tho?? :(

chickpea
02-11-14, 09:11
Probably as long as you're anxious about it.

Beckie4567
02-11-14, 12:09
i just cant see it being anxiety as i feel the urge even if im not thinkibg bout it :( and like bladder ache :( x

Fishmanpa
02-11-14, 13:56
i just cant see it being anxiety as i feel the urge even if im not thinkibg bout it :( and like bladder ache :( x

Anxiety is like an oven. It gets hot and even when you turn it off, it remains hot for a while. So even when you're not necessarily feeling anxious, your nervous system is still firing away. Take that in conjunction with what others are saying and the fact you had some issues down bolow that last month and that's probably the case. And the more you worry about it, the longer it will take to go away.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
02-11-14, 20:59
Thanks fish for your advice x

Beckie4567
03-11-14, 10:35

chickpea
03-11-14, 10:55

You clearly are thinking about it, because you're posting about it every day and throughout the day.

Darwin73
03-11-14, 11:32
Beckie, I haven't read all your previous posts, but you the doctors retested your urine to make sure the infection is gone? Sometimes the first lot of antibiotics don't clear the infection completely and often another / different one is needed. That's happened to me several times. My last UTI was nearly 2 months ago and I still don't feel right so I'm thinking I might have to go back again.

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

I meant, have the Drs retested

Beckie4567
03-11-14, 11:40
This is my 3rd lot of anti biotics which has also done nothing I had it retested Monday whilst on anti biotics and apparently was clear but still experiencing the need to wee every hour :( going bk today gona. Have it tested again :( x

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

I am thinking about it yeah but also when I'm out being busy I still get it :( I keep bumping it up as I'm just looking to people who have experienced the same thing I've been finding that a lot of people have been having a go at me for going on about it all the time I thought this was sposed to be a support forum I'm only looking for people who have experienced the same thing as me that all

jonjones
03-11-14, 11:47
The nervous system does control the functioning of the bladder, the more tired and stressed you are the more irritable it can get.

Try to take your irritable bladder with a pinch of salt, and take it on the chin. By not adding worry on top of it then you give your nervous system a chance to get some respite!

Jon

Darwin73
03-11-14, 11:56
I think a lot of people brush urinary symptoms in women under the carpet, particularly if no infection can be found. However, not all infections show up on the dipstick test, and really the GP should be sending a sample away to the lab for proper testing. Have you googled Intersitial Cystitis at all? It is very depressing to suffer like this with no relief or apparent cause.

Beckie4567
03-11-14, 15:51
Thanks Darwin they have sent it to lab three times after dipstick ! All dipsticks have found nitrates or last one was blood and white cells however wen it's sent off the lab say all normal so I'm confused I also know worse case denarii it cud be tumour of ovarys bladder uterusso that dosnt help :( x

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Thanks Jon for your advice hope it goes away x

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

bump

Fishmanpa
03-11-14, 18:05
I keep bumping it up as I'm just looking to people who have experienced the same thing I've been finding that a lot of people have been having a go at me for going on about it all the time I thought this was sposed to be a support forum I'm only looking for people who have experienced the same thing as me that all

Hi Beckie,

I really don't think people are "having a go" at you and yes, this is a forum for support and understanding. I think what you're seeing/feeling is a level of frustration as no one can diagnose and are running out of things to say and it's obvious reassurance doesn't really work either.

Nic posted this:

Beckie

Try and stop worrying so much about it and making a big issue of it and things may calm down.

There is nothing we can tell you on here that a doctor can't tell you.

Also keep a diary and write down exactly when you go to the loo so you can see if it really is every hour on the dot.

I know you've been dealing with south of the border issues for some time now and it's got to be disconcerting but your doctors have assured you you'll be fine as have many members.

I hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

bulan
03-11-14, 19:28
Hi Beckie, I'm struggling with bladder-related symptoms too. I just heard that the culture test came back negative for an infection, but that there's still bacteria present. So I'm being sent to a Urologist, which gets my anxiety going, of course.

I'm afraid of bladder cancer too, and I'm in the process of working through my thoughts and symptoms, and figuring out how manage it all while being a Mom and trying to get work done around the house. I'm pretty sure my pain is being caused by interstitial cystitis, so I also have to work on changing my diet and whatever else can bring relief.

I wish us both the best possible outcome to this!

Beckie4567
03-11-14, 19:46
Thankyou bulan for your reply I have been bk to docs today who has given me medication for bladder/irrable bladder so hopefully there gona help I wudnt worry about bladder cancer as with that there wud be blood present in the urine test which there wasn't for you are u have to wee all the time like me xx

bulan
03-11-14, 20:11
No, I don't have to use the washroom more often than usual. My main symptom is severe burning pain *between* trips to the washroom. The only time I feel relief is when I'm actually emptying my bladder.

Beckie4567
03-11-14, 20:23
I'm sure your bladder is just irritated what did the docter say it cud be I bet he didn't even mention cancer also there wud be more working signs I.e blood in urine it's like the first sympotoms I read somewhere for bladder cancer so I wudnt worry bout that x

Beckie4567
04-11-14, 06:54
Bump

Beckie4567
05-11-14, 14:14
Bump

nomorepanic
05-11-14, 15:02
Beckie

You have a few posts on this now so it may be better to merge them together as you keep bumping two of them up all the time.

You need to give the medication time to work and then reassess things really.