PDA

View Full Version : Weird Eye Symptoms

Wilburis
02-01-07, 21:44
Hi all.
Happy New Year!

Sometimes my eyes go funny. Its really difficult to explain. I have afterimages a lot but the worse thing is, is when I blink and it seems I am blinking in slow motion, when infact Im not. Also it takes a milli second to focus. Sorry If this is not making sense, its really difficult to explain.

My Optician said it was as I wear contacts and have really dry eyes and my anxiety just makes it worse, then I cant stop blinking and really being aware of my blinking, trying to get this to happen again, and so making my anxiety worse.

I have not had any anxiety symptoms since Saturday and thought I was making progress, but now, I feel that they will return. Im scared of going to bed now, as I used to get a big jolt just before I fell asleep. Im now constantly tuned in with my heartbeat, if I hunch over or lean slightly to the left, it feel as if my heart is rocking me. Very powerful.

Shall I ask to be referred to the Eye Hospital as now I think Ive got a brain tumour.

PLease help.

Lizzie 67 xx

misterg
02-01-07, 22:04
Listen....
it sounds like just another thing your body is doing that you should accept. please read my post in the forum. our bodies do strange and wonderful things and every time we experience a "New Sensation is not a time to panic. If we learn to accept these bodily annoyences they will pass without consequence. If the problem seems serious(" and to a panic sufferer which ones dont?) then see a doctor BUT...PLEASE accept the fact that he says its nothing serious!!!! I cant stress this enough!! Get on with life and let the little things go and believe me most are just that "LITTLE THINGS" Wory triggers fear which triggers anxiety which triggers panic which triggers adrenaline which magnifies the original problem. One way i found that helps is to treat your body and mind like an outside object or person. Get mad at it and yell at it and tell it you will not stand for it any more. Just yell and show your subconscious you are truely in control and wont stand for any crxp any more. You will feel better i know it sounds lame but it works. try it and let me know. Please feel free to email me if youd like to discuss this further

Dan

nomorepanic
02-01-07, 22:08
Does this help...... This is not my story but something that someone sent me from a sufferer.

Eye tricks, Blurred vision, Eyes sensitive to light, Dry, watery or itchy eyes…
The sensations:
You may see stars or movements out of the corner of your eyes that don't exist. You may also see flashing lights in your eyes or your vision may seem almost kaleidoscope-like. Sometimes you may feel that there is a dark object or something just on the outside edge of your vision, or that your vision is narrowing.
It seems your vision is blurry or out of focus, and it's more apparent now than before.
There are times when your eyes seem more sensitive to light than at others, even to a point of regular light being too bright so that you have to wear sunglasses or squint.
You feel as though your eyes are either always dry, constantly watering or itchy. And often, your eyes are red or 'glossy' looking. Even a good night's rest doesn't help.
The reason:
Eyes are nerves. The nerves in the eyes send their information to the brain through the nervous system. When the nervous system is over active, the nerves in the eyes can play tricks on you which means we sometimes receive false information. These symptoms are some of the ways we receive this false information.
None of these symptoms are serious when they are attributed to anxiety disorder. However, it is important that you get a professional medical evaluation completed to ensure your condition is related to anxiety disorder.
As an example, at the height of a particularly stressful time in my life, my right eye began to experience blurry vision. My reading distance remained the same, however, objects at a distance were now blurry. I just thought it was because I was getting older, so I went to an optometrist and had an eye exam. The exam determined that I needed glasses to correct my right eye’s far sighted vision. When I received my glasses, everything was fine for awhile as the glasses helped me to see clearly again. However, months later, when the stressful events were long over, my right eye sight returned to normal again. This meant that my glasses used to accommodate my right eye were no longer needed. It was interesting to note how stress can affect even my eye sight.
As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, these symptoms will diminish and eventually subside.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

feels_like_home
03-01-07, 00:37
Hi Lizzie,
I get weird eye symptoms as well when I am really anxious. Then that is all I can focus on and it makes it worse. I just try to distract myself and then it usually goes away. Hope this helps.
Take care,
Michelle

Wilburis
03-01-07, 18:21
Thanks to everyone for replying.

Michelle, what kind of eye symptoms do you get?

Lizzie xx

feels_like_home
04-01-07, 16:10
Hi Lizzie,
I get the afterimage a lot as well. I think it is because I have light coloured eyes and my optician said that those with light eyes are really sensitive to light. Do you have light coloured eyes? I also notice spots and floaters in my field of vision. It gets worse if I focus on it too much. I try to just think about something else. Easier said then done. I also get auras before a miagraine and this leaves me with little vision right before I get the headache. I have had an aura without the headach as well. It is really scary. The more I freak out the worse it is, so I have learned to just go lie down until it goes away. I also have trouble focusing my eyes when I am realloy anxious. It is like I have tunnel vision. This happens when I am shopping in big stores and everything is just so overwhelming to me. Do you experience any of these symptoms?
Take care,
Michelle