PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, or more serious?

This.
02-11-14, 09:17
Hello,

I'm a 25 year old male. Since I was 17, I have been experiencing the sensation of not being able to get enough air, or A deep, satisfying breath. During this time I have seen several Doctors, and a few ER visits because certain episodes get extreme, and my face gets all tingly.

All of my doctors have called it anxiety, and ive been taking sertraline which had kept it in check for the most part. I've hat a few chest x rays which have come up clear, and an EKG which had an anomaly, but was dismissed.

Lately, I've been experiencing some increased chest discomfort, indigestion like symptoms, and more facial numbness and lightheadedNess than usual. The shortness of breath is 24/7.

I have a doctors apt coming up and I'm not sure which road to take. Is this sound like a runaway case of constant anxiety? Because the more research I do (yes, online. I know it's a bad idea but in getting desperate), the more I think my symptoms could be allergenic, asthmatic, maybe bronchitis, even GERD.

Starting at 17, my life style did change. Poor diet and excersize has left me overweight (250 lbs). I also smoke, although have not had a cigarette in 2 weeks since my symptoms got more problematic. Still taking sertraline and amoxicillin for cold/flu/strep like symptoms.

I'm also experiencing dizziness when eating, and decreased appetite.
Anyone had a similar experience? Any good results? Any thoughts at all?

Thanks for the read.

Blueeyed87
02-11-14, 15:18
How many breaths do you take a minute? Have you ever counted? Could you be hyperventilating without realising. I know I suffer from this and my therapist suggested perhaps my rate of breath was to fast which I though ridiculous until I sat there and counted them. Being oxygen hungry is scary though I feel for you! Get well soon