PDA

View Full Version : Good progress over the weekend

Minstrel Memories
02-11-14, 12:37
Hi all
Don't know if this is the correct place to post this or even if people are interested but I seem to have made a good deal of progress over the weekend

Invited to a neighbours 50th wedding anniversary party last night (we are all old fogeys in our 60's & 70's.) An old pal of mine was taking his keyboard and my wife suggested I take my guitar haven't played in ages

As it turned out it was a fantastic night a nostalgic trip back to the 60's jamming out a few oldies from that era with guests getting up and doing their thing on vocals ( very badly I have to say) Completely lifted my anxiety I felt like my old self again.Thankfully we live in the country so there are not many other neighbours to disturb!! Went on while 2.30 am came home and slept like a log and all on one small bottle of beer !!

This morning still felt good not having a hangover brisk walk, just got back. Going to watch the football on tv,kids coming over for roast chicken at about 7.00pm nice bottle of wine Good weekend all round best in ages

Let's hope it continues

Hope I haven't bored you all with this but it's good to feel I have made a bit of progress

Regards to all

chickpea
02-11-14, 13:03
Your post made me smile. :yesyes:
So nice to read such positivity, and it sounds like you've got the perfect t Sunday lined up to follow.

If you can enjoy even small moments in a day, you're on the way to recovery - and you sound like you are enjoying lots of moments. :yesyes:

hanshan
03-11-14, 11:53
Hi Minstrel memories,

Not boring at all - this is just what we want to hear.

For me, music has been a double blessing. First, listening, then performing (however badly) with friends.

MrAndy
03-11-14, 11:58
this website needs more success stories it gives people hope,your post is most welcome and well done for moving forward :yesyes:

Minstrel Memories
04-11-14, 10:03
Thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement

It really does mean a lot to me and helps me more than you will ever know
My family have noticed a great improvement and they all think I am on the way to recovery. I know there is a long way to go but little victories!

My charity work is going well and to reconnect with my music as I did on Saturday helped even more

I know I get more out of this site than I contribute but as I recover (which I will) I would hope to stick around and offer some help to others

Thanks again

jefferina
04-11-14, 11:33
Hi minstrel memories what a lovely post thanks for sharing that with us... Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself x